Chapter 13: Choice of Compassion

Start from the beginning

"BEN." Tim breathed out a long sigh of relief.

He was surprised to see an old friend. He stuffed the pistol back inside it's holster. "I told you, just call me Masky! Someone might be listening." He snapped. "What brings you here?" He asked in a more collected tone. His anxiety slowly fading away.

"I'd ask you the same question." BEN walked towards the end of the balcony, beside Tim. "I'm here for unfinished business." He said, staring down at shadows. At the girl.

                    Tim loosened the strap around his hand. Setting the camera on top of the railings so that it was facing them, careful not to drop it.

"Wouldn't want to let this moment be forgotten." Tim grinned a little, slowly pulling back from the railings.

BEN looked at the camera for a moment. "Can't believe that thing still works." He said, grinning a little.

Tim scoffed. Sending an accusing stare over to BEN. "Yeah, no thanks to you. Now it does this stupid beeping sound every 10 seconds! You had to drop it down-"

"Save us both the trouble, I was there, no need to retell it again." BEN nonchalantly interrupted. Tim followed the blonde's gaze begrudgingly. He noticed that recognition was written all over his face as he looked at the girl then back at him. Even the neutral face he always had was overpowered by a look of unusual sullenness.

"It's unusual to see you just wandering around." Tim commented. "Whatever your plan is now, it must be either important or tedious."

"It's both. And you're disrupting my plans." BEN shot the brown haired boy a look. But Tim didn't notice that he had been given a foul look, as he was accustomed to seeing it on the blonde's face. "Leave. Unless you want a pair of crippled legs you can't run with." BEN threatened.

"Cruel as always." Tim grinned a bit. "I saw the news and immediately knew it was you. But who's the girl?" Tim asked, pointing at the girl down below who was now affectionately petting a mangled alley cat.

".. An acquaintance." BEN stiffly said. Using that term to describe (Y/N) was something he never expected to do up until now. The word felt sour when he said it.

                    Tim lightly scoffed. "If she's really just another one of your 'acquaintances', then you won't mind, right?" He said, withdrawing the pistol once again, pointing at the girl once more. Tim followed her as she walked aiming for her head.

BEN gave him an uninterested look. But Tim continued to test BEN's temper.

The girl came to a subtle halt and crept towards a corner. Seemingly straining herself to listen to something from it. Tim slowly curled his index finger into the trigger. The gun made a very small clicking sound.

Tim didn't pull the trigger, however. He was waiting for a reaction from BEN, which he didn't get.

BEN lightly shook his head, stealing the gun away from Tim. He unloaded the gun with two clicks and let the ammo fall to the ground and roll away.

Tim let out an exasperated sigh. He leaned forward on the railings, propping his elbows over the rusty bars. "I see that you still don't know how to threaten someone properly." He jested.

"Shut up." He drawled. "Anyways, BEN. I need you to do me a favor.", he said. BEN stayed silent, wordlessly signaling for Tim to continue with a single look.

"We both want revenge." Tim grimly said. "It's just one small thing, but it'll play a big part. After that, you won't see me ever again." He added a fiery glint lit up in those dark brown eyes of his.