“I was totally bored. I even cleaned the kitchen,” I explained.

“But I already cleaned it!”

“I know!!!” She saw how desperate I was and laughed. “Come on, honey. I brought us some food.” she told me and we sat down at the table to eat.

When I finally went to bed, I was completely exhausted.

The next day was not much different from the last, but I managed to get through it because I knew Leah would kick my ass if she found out that we ditched. I was in no hurry to get home this time. Who would look forward to staring at the ceiling the whole night? I didn't have homework today, either.

When I was parking, I noticed that Adrian’s car was parked in front of his house. Strange. He’s always working this time of the day. It didn’t matter why he was there, because now I had hope that I wouldn’t have to clean the house again!

I took a quick shower and rushed to ring his bell, but then I froze. What if he’s with some girl? That thought annoyed the hell out of me, but when he answered, although he seemed a little surprised, he smiled. Before he could say anything, I starting pleading with him, saying “Please save me.”

“Save you from what?” He asked concerned, moving to my side to look at the street behind me.

“From boredom!” I told and he laughed.

“Come in, kiddo.” Kiddo? I didn’t like it, so I didn’t move, just frowned, crossing my arms over my chest. He must have realized what was bothering me because he tried again.

“Princess?” I gave him the same look. He chuckled, amusement gleaming in his eyes.

“Come in, V.” He said grinning and stepping aside. Much better.

I followed him to the kitchen.

“I’m making some sandwiches, want one?” Adrian asked while getting the peanut butter from the fridge.

“Sure”. I said and sat down on the table.

Adrian sat at the table to make the sandwiches. When he was finished, he handed one to me. “Thanks. Anyway, why are you here in the middle of the afternoon?”

“I took the day off to play football with some friends.” He answered. Hum… I’ve seen Adrian’s friends before and let me be the first to tell you, they’re hot! Hot college boys playing football? Yummy! Besides, that would give me some time with Adrian. That was, of course, the main reason I wanted to go.

“Can I come?” I asked him.

“Ah?”

“I won’t play, of course, I’ll just watch. Please, Adrian,” I begged.

“Nope.”

I guess I’ll have to use me secret weapon then, I thought.

“Please, Adrian, I’m really bored!” I pouted like a little kid, jutting out my bottom lip and batting my eyelashes.

“You know, Vicky, I’m starting to think you’re doing this on purpose. You know I’ll do whatever you ask, so you just look at me like that to get what you want,” he accused.

He was right, of course, but I wasn’t about to tell him that, so I just faked a hurt expression. If I tried to say anything, I would probably have burst out laughing.

He sighed, knowing I'd won. “Fine, but you have to promise me you’ll stay away from the guys”.

I smiled. “Thank you, Adrian. I owe you one!"