Unfortunately, the jeans pissed me off. Whose brilliant idea was it to make pants out of fucking potato sacks? Worse, the pair I had changed into had holes in them. Did Akin not realize that? Then again, now that I thought about it, it wasn't a rarity to see people walking around with holes in their jeans. Surely not everyone was blind, so was it another strange fashion of this time period?

If you're going to walk around with holes in your clothes, just walk around naked.

I pushed the door open, just a short bit to see Akin sitting on one of the benches across from the fitting rooms. The only other people at the fitting rooms was a girl sitting outside while her partner was inside one of the rooms changing. I kept the door open at an angle to avoid her, looking at Akin, who brightened as he stood up.

"Come on! Let me see the whole thing." Before I could stop him, he was opening the door fully, completely exposing me and the girl's head snapped around to stare at us. Uncomfortable with her stare, I kept my eyes on Akin as he studied me from head to toe. I didn't enjoy being scrutinized.

"Oh, this is perfect," Akin gushed after a moment, making me frown, "Those jeans look great on you! Maybe not for tonight, but definitely as a casual thing. We can get you a pair of black thermal pants to wear underneath of them for the weather, but this was seriously a good choice. Your butt looks great in a pair of jeans. And here I thought only Hannibal had that talent. And Raven, but Raven looks good in everything. So does Hannibal. Gah, why do I know so many sexy people? This is unbelievable." I felt extremely self-conscious with his commentary, and even more so when the girl sitting nearby had gotten up to wander over to us with a coy smile on her face.

"Oh my gosh, he looks super good in those," she commented, and Akin beamed proudly, "Is he your boyfriend?" Akin laughed.

"No, he's my brother-in-law. But he does look good, doesn't he?" He asked.

"Very," the girl agreed with a nod. Akin gave me a smile, eyebrows going up like he was encouraging me to say something, but I just inclined my head and she grinned before flouncing back to her seat. Akin waved me back inside to try on more clothing. And then more, and more until I felt like my legs were going to give out before finally Akin's cell phone rang and I was allowed a break as he went to speak to Hannibal, who I assumed was on the other line given Akin's reaction, and to check out what we'd bought... which was far more than one outfit.

I sat down on the bench to pull my boots on when I felt a presence approach me, and I tensed, glancing out the corner of my eye to see the girl wandering over to me. Her partner had gone to a nearby rack to study the clothing.

"Hey," she greeted, making me cock my head toward her, but I didn't look up at her directly, "So you're totally single, right?" I frowned at her.

"Yes?" It was more of a question. I wasn't sure what she was referring to, but my assumption was on my availability romantically. In which case, leave, woman.

"Oh, cool," she said, then sat down beside me, biting her bottom lip, "Are you free tonight?"

"I've a prior engagement," I answered. She pushed her lower lip out in a pout now, and she put her on my thigh, sliding it dangerously close to my groin. Instant alarm went through me and I snatched her hand off me, shooting to my feet and taking a step away from her. She tsked in irritation, getting up and raking me with a scornful glare.

"Ugh, fine. You could've just told me you're not interested. Men are such pigs... and you didn't look that good in those jeans anyway," she said snidely, then stalked off toward her partner, whom I expected to be angry at her advancements on me, but his eyes only showed pity and anger shot through me at that.