A Not-So-Peaceful Night

Start from the beginning

"She came at me. She got pass Parrish, and I was back in the coma. Happy?"

"Why would I be happy about that? You don't have to go tomorrow if you can't handle it. I might not let you if your afraid that'll happen,"

"I can't control my dreams, Stiles. Let's go back to sleep,"

"Fine. But I might not let you go tomorrow,"

"I have to. Missing one day is hard enough. Two in a row? That's harder than facing Alyssa,"

"Is that harder than waking yourself up from a coma?"

"Stiles. Parrish is a good deputy right?"

"The best,"

"Then he won't let the happen,"

"Fine. Now, let's sleep,"

"Goodnight, my little wolfy,"

"Goodnight, my little Jedi," Jedi? They could have better nicknames for each other.

"I love you,"

"I love you more,"

"That's not possible," Stiles is a good guy, and he really loves her. But I just feel it's my job to protect her, so I wait a minute before popping my head in again. Molly's asleep. Stiles isn't.

"Hey, Mr. McCall..?" He says.

-----

*Stiles' POV*

"Stiles," he says, nodding.

"You don't trust me with her, do you?"

"Not after I caught you two making out in a jeep,"

"I'm not going to do anything, sir. You can trust me, I promise," Molly moves a bit and groans. Her eyes flutter open.

"Stiles?" She mumbles, propping herself up.

"Hey, go back to sleep, okay?" I whisper.

"Why're you up?"

"I guess I'm just not tired. Go to sleep," I say, kissing her forehead and rubbing circles on her back. She nods and lays her head down, wrapping her arms around me. Once she falls asleep, her dad looks at me with an eyebrow raised. I shrug before laying my head back and closing my eyes, still rubbing circles in Molly's back until I drift off to sleep.

---

The screeching alarm clock wakes us both. I silence it and lay my head back down.

"Can't we stay home...?" I whisper. Molly nods into my chest. I look down at her to see her face wet from tears.

"Sweetie! What's wrong?" I ask her, sitting up and pulling her into my lap.

"I-It was another dream. But it wasn't me in the coma. Since Parrish was with me and not you, she knew hurting you would hurt me worse. She put you in the coma. And I started cutting again when you didn't wake up.." She says, letting out a sob at the end.

"Molly..." I whisper, pulling her into my chest. I press my lips to her forehead, "I'm okay, and you're okay. That dream was only that - a dream," tears stream down her face, and all I do is hold her, whispering how everything was going to be okay. Her dad comes in after a few minutes.

"Heeey... Molly, what's wrong?" He asks. All she does in response in sob harder.

"Molly... We're okay.." I whisper.

"It was too real..." She says through the tears.

"No way you're going to school," I whisper , gently swaying back and forth, trying to calm her down.

"Stiles." Her dad says from behind me. I crane me neck to look at him.

"What happened?"

"A nightmare. A bad one,"

"Any chance you can turn her so I can talk to her?" I turn her in my lap, so her legs drape over mine, and it's kind of like a bridal style hold. She lays her hands on my chest and lays her head against me, her breathing shaky and tears still falling out of her eyes.

"Molly. What was this dream about?" Her dad asks her.

"A-Alys-sa!" She says, before turning and crying into my chest.

"When did all of this start again?" He says to me.

"Alyssa came back. We're getting a restraining order against her later today. And facing her at school today? I don't want her to go,"

"Yeah. I'll excuse you both. Just get her to stop crying. I don't like seeing her like this," he says, getting up and walking out of the room. I rub Molly's back and shower her in kisses. I pull her closer to me, and lay down, still holding her against my chest. She stops crying, but her breathing is still heavy and shaky. I kiss her and keep trying to calm her down. I eventually fall asleep, holding on to her as tight as possible.