Chapter Thirty - Bridal Shop

Start from the beginning

Bale dropped me off at home, walking me up to the door and kissed me goodbye. Our kisses were continuing to get longer and longer. I was getting used to the feel of his lips. They were comfortable and sweet, not like other guys I've kissed (not many). I truly believed I was starting to... You know.. fall for ----

Bale parted when the phone rang, then looked to me, telling me to answer it with his warm eyes. Why must he be so sweet? I wanted to kiss more, not jab on the phone.

The two of us walked into the kitchen through the screen door. Bale sat down at the table while I answered the wall phone. "Hello?"

"Annabelle! So your dad really does live in the same house. That's so cool!" A girl's voice said excitedly.

"Uh, may I ask who this is?"

"Oh, silly me, it's Ashley!"

"Hey, Ash." I smiled. I've been meaning to call her. Even Bale smiled up at me, mouthing 'I told you you two would get along'. I only stuck my tongue out at him, making him laugh. "So what's up?"

"I was gonna go into town today and look for a wedding dress. Do you wanna go with me? It's just gonna be me ---- my mom couldn't come into town in time." She explained.

Her mom couldn't even come wedding dress shopping with her? I know I'd just die if my mom couldn't go with me. That's the one thing mother's and daughter's are required to do by law. "I'd love to! Lemme get changed... I'm all fishy."

Bale began to laugh when I hung up the phone. "You're all fishy, huh?" He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. "You know, being the fish expert I am, I find it very attractive."

"And me, being the girly girl I am, find it very disgusting." I waggled my eyebrows at him. "But anyway, I'm going to get ready. I'm gonna help Ashley look for a wedding dress today."

Bale leaned in a kissed me once more, "That sounds great. Have fun, I'll see you tomorrow morning."

He let go of my waist and started heading for the door. Remembering something he had said this morning when I confessed to the dream ---- which now seemed stupid ---- I bit my lower lip. "You know," I began. "This morning, you called me something..."

Bale stopped and turned around, "Beaver?"

I shook my head.

He looked deep in thought for a minute, going over everything he had said this morning, before smiling to himself and looking up at me with those twinkling eyes. "'Baby'?"

I nodded. "No one's ever called me that... I kind of... Liked it." I shrugged.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow morning, sugar."

I frowned. "Dude?!"

"I don't want it to lose it's touch." He chuckled, then walked out the screen door and into his truck, leaving me in the kitchen, blushing like a red tomato.

"So what style are you looking for, Ash?" I asked, sipping the last of my blue slushee we had bought down the road. I'm surprised they let us in here with these things.

"Eh, white." Ashley shrugged, looking around at the mountains of white tulle.

"Well that narrows it down." I nodded.

Ashley groaned, "I know! I suck at this. I just want to close my eyes, spin around, point to a dress and that's the one I wear, no matter how hideous it is."