"Oh shit," Steven mumbled before taking off down the hallway, rushing down the stairs.

As his hand reached for the doorknob that led outside, the door was shoved open and Emmie went crashing into Steven.

The girl let out a yelp and out of instinct, Lauren quickly grabbed Steven into a headlock, not realizing that it was him.

"Hey, it's me!" Steven said, putting his hands in the air.

Lauren let go of him, chuckling a bit. "Sorry."

"You guys scared the shit out of me when I woke up and you weren't there," Steven explained, hugging them both briefly. "Come on, I don't like leaving the twins alone."

Emmie went ahead while Lauren slipped her her hand into Steven's as they walked. Steven lifted her hand to his lips, pressing a small kiss on the top of her hand. "I love you," he whispered against her skin.

°•°Lauren's POV°•°

Emme was waiting at the office room door for Steven and I to catch up, holding onto the door handle.

"Took you long enough," she joked, smirking a bit.

"Oh shush," Steven chuckled, walking over to the door, slowly opening it.

Inside, both Caiden and Cleo were standing in the middle of the room, holding hands and gripping their small knives with their other hands. Caiden immediately took off running, gripping onto both Steven and I in a hug.

I glanced back at Cleo to see her quietly crying, her lip trembling. "Cleo," I said softly, reaching out to her.

"Momma!" She cried, rushing towards me, collapsing into my arms and bringing me to the floor. "Momma...I thought you left us."

"Never, baby girl. We would never leave you," I said soothingly, stroking her hair. "Now go back to bed. You'll need your energy."

She nodded and snuggled up into my arms, and took a few minutes for her to finally fall asleep. I reached out to my left and grabbed a blanket, wrapping Cleo up in it before setting her down next to Caiden once again.

"Psst," Steven whispered, making me turn around. "C'mere."

I crawled over to where Steven was sitting and sat between his legs, leaning back against his chest. "Hmm?" I asked. Steven's arms wrapped around my waist.

"Nothing," he replied, his lips gently grazing over my neck, making shivers run down my spine. "You know what?"

"What?" I asked, tapping my fingers on the tops of his hands was they gripped my waist.

Steven kissed my neck this time. "How the hell did I get so lucky to have you as my wife?"

I couldn't help but let a smile tug at the ends of my lips. "I don't know," I joked. My head leaned back just enough for Steven to kiss me with the touch of his soft lips.

A long yawn then escaped me. "Laur," Steven began.

"Hmm?"

"Go to sleep." I shook my head at him, wanting to stay up to keep him company. "Lauren, I can tell you're exhausted. Please get some rest, or at least a little bit."

"No, I've got to stay up to help you keep watch," I answered.

"Nothing's gonna happen. Please...for me?" He asked.

Sighing, I nodded before turning around, lying chest to chest with my head resting in the crook of Steven's neck. My arms looped around his neck loosely and I noticed Steven smile in victory out of the corner of my eye. "I love you," he whispered, kissing me once more on the cheek.

"I love you too," I mumbled against his neck.

I then no longer fought to stay awake mostly because I couldn't. From the second silence filled the small room, my eyelids became heavy, and I couldn't keep them open any longer. Then, exhaustion slowly took over me, bring me into a world of nightmares that I could never escape.

A/N
Chapter question \/please read\/
So I decided to do that other Stauren series story and I have a question about it. Lots of people always tell me how they love Emmie's character and she's in almost all of my books. So would you guys like it if one of Lauren's foster children is Emmie and she's like six and Steven has no clue that she's his daughter and Lauren's been taking care of her the whole time????? I honestly think it would make the story more interesting and dramatic with what I have planned, so I hope you guys will answer this question and let me do it :)

Wow this is shit for a first chapter...but I promise I will try to make my chapters better. I am going to start my new Stauren series soon so I will be posting an A/N about it when I publish it. I really hope you guys will like it cause I like my ideas I have for it :)

Chapter shoutout in the next chapter!!