Chapter 2

The next day I woke up to Dylan whispering my name, "Nixie, wake up. We have to go to meet the head of this camp. They brought us some clothes and food." I gnarled and turned around to face him. He looked fresh and clean, although his eyes were underlined with bags. "Seems like you haven't slept much!" I said.

"Yes, well, good morning to you too. Come on, get up. We have half an hour left."

"Okay, I'll be ready soon." He looked at me with a look he throws to me every time he thinks I am hopeless and then he walked out of the tent. I quickly climbed out of the bunk and picked up the clothes they gave me: tight black jeans with high boots. The top was a small half dress. It was night sky blue with a big belt from under the bosom till the belly and the dress spread out under it. I was aslo given a black hood with careful silver details around the edges. I put everything on and ate something. When I wanted to walk out, I noticed a mirror and when I looked at myself, I thought I had escaped a movie. I turned back to the door and walked out of my tent.

The camp was beautiful. It was as if the sun made it different, because I didn't notice the beauty of it at nighy. Every tent was decorated with silver or gold decorations and the fire was burning blue, something I had never seen before. I also noticed that everyone was dressed as I was, as if from a movie or a book.

"Don't want to be late," I hear Kiana say behind me. I turn around and saw her smiling.

"I don't even know where I need to be." I said.

"Don't worry. I was asked to escort you and luckily, you didn't go far from your tent. Your brother was harder to find."

"Where would I go if I didn't know where to go to?"

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."

"Lewis Carroll. Apparently you are not a medieval society after all."

"And who are you to say that. You barely know us."

"You win."

"I thought so. Oh, I almost forgot, we have to get to Finn." She barely said it and I was rushing behind her, trying to catch up with her. After crossing the camp, we stood in front of the most beautiful tent I have seen. It was decorated with roses around the roof and gold and silver mixed on the wood forming beautiful figures. The wood itself was African walnut, a beautiful reddish shade and very dark. Kiana opened the door and I stepped inside. Inside, it was decorated with maps and all kinds of weapons and, to my surprise, a lot of technology. There were tablets, hologram screens, and a moving map. I noticed my mouth had opened and I quickly shut it.

"Ah, there you are. Thank you Kiana, but you can leave now. Now, you must be Nixie, quite a powerful name you have. I am Finn; it is a pleasure to meet you. Do you want some tea?" Finn chattered on and, I noticed, he had an Australian accent, which made it hard to follow.

"No thank you," I said, "I just had some."

"Ah, that is quite a shame. Now, I hear you were running from black folk. I first must know if you know anything about your parents."

"Nixie and I were alone when it happened. Mom and dad were working. The last time we saw them was in the morning," Dylan answered.

"And do you know where they work."

At that, Dylan looked to me with big eyes. I knew he thought the same. Mom and dad never told us. They always said it wasn't important and we would know when we were adults.

"No, we don't, but it would make sense if it had to do something with your folk."

"Ah, I see. It is your folk too, if you are still in doubt. You soon will turn 16 and that means you will officially be one of the fey. Your powers and abilities will then come and you will start training with the others at the academy. But first we need to know where your parents are, so they know about you."