Thorin Imagine: Healer. Part Twelve

Mulai dari awal

Thorin turned to speak to him, his tone lukewarm and desultory. "I promise you this; if we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain."

Everyone was overwhelmed to hear the statement again, and now the people started to dance about and sing merry songs into the cold air. Bard sank back into the mass of bodies, knowing he could not take on such an issue when the notion of wealth was so deeply set in the mind of the poor. As the Boatman walked away, he called to the dwarf king passionately while grabbing at his youngest daughters hand to lead her back home."You have no right. No right to enter that mountain!"

"I have the only right!-" Thorin hissed back, staring after Bard and cursing under his breath. The dwarf king then turned to face the Master, who had stood to witness the exchange between the two strong-willed egos with a mixture of confusion and stupidity. "-I now speak to the Master of the men of the lake. Will you share in the great wealth of our people? What say you?" Thorin squared up to the man, pushing his chest out while a quizzical look bled across his handsome face. He knew that the man had no choice unless he wished to be trampled by a hoard of 300 angry citizens. The master hesitated for a moment, his face twisting wildly as his brain kicked into gear. "I say unto you...welcome! Welcome and rise! Welcome, King Under the Mountain!"

***

After agreeing to help the company of dwarves, the master had taken Thorin to his personal armoury, where stashed away he had many shiny and well-polished blades, the sharpest of steel arrows and the thickest and heaviest of chain-mail suits. The Master allowed each member to take a single weapon of choice and one piece of armour protection before selfishly filling their rucksacks with only a few pieces of spoiled fruit and a handful of dried nuts. He then sent them all off quickly to the dock, asking them to use whichever boat they desired and to hurry on to the lonely mountain, bringing back piles of gold for him. "..and for your people!" Insisted Bilbo with a frown, reminding the master that he was to share any of the goods. 

"Of course, Of course!" The man replied flippantly, already rubbing his hands together in greed as he followed them about like a bad smell.

Thorin inspected the barges, unimpressed at the condition that they lay in. He kicked at the most sturdy of the underwhelming fleet and motioned for the company to climb aboard, taking a few moments to thank the crowd of people who had gathered to wish them well. Once the vessel was in motion, and the dank sight of Lake Town was a good distance away, the king asked Balin and Ori to steer while he looked over the map one last time, pulling it from his jacket and settling down on the deck for a while to study.

"I am very proud of you for what you said back there, Thorin." (Y/N) smiled, creeping up behind him to wrap her arms around his neck. "You gave those people some hope."

"Thank you." He said, pulling her down gently to kiss her cheek and then sit next to him on the solid wooden bench.

"You do play your role as king very well." The girl playfully teased, before glancing down at the map to help him in his work. "-So, where will we be docking?"

Thorin glanced at her with sudden amazement and awe, as the wind from the sail blew her hair about wildly and her cheeks were tinged rosy-pink from the cold of the water. He had dreamed of the moment that he could walk her into Erebor as his queen and now that it finally seemed to be taking place, Thorin was happier than ever.  But there was still one thing that bothered him, something that the dwarf knew his lover would not take laying down."I want you to remain outside of Erebor if we are to slay the dragon." He spoke sternly, frowning as the look of hurt and shock registered across (Y/N)s features.

"What? Why? Do you not think I can fight?" She asked harshly, pulling her hand away as Thorin tried to make a grab for it.

"Amrâlimê, I think you could probably fight better than us all. But if anything were to happen to you, I could never live with myself. I need you to stay safe. That dragon is cunning and fierce, I will not risk you getting hurt." The dwarf turned back to his map, hoping that would settle the matter.