Start of Something New

Chapter 7

Start of Something New

"I can't believe I'm already finished with my first year here at Hogwarts!" Luna exclaimed with her signature dreamily look on her face as she got off the Hogwarts Express.

Hermione got off the train a little shaky. "I wish I was at school." she muttered to herself.

Luna laughed as she grabbed her trunk. "Oh come on, Hermione! This is summer! I'm sure you can enjoy a few months without books."

"After living with me for almost a year, you think you would know me by now." Hermione teased while grabbing her trunk.

"Hermione! Over here!" a middle age woman yelled while waving her arms.

Hermione's head turned to the direction to where the voice was coming from. She spotted a middle aged couple. The average height woman had shoulder length brown curly hair and dark brown eyes. Her smile was comforting and welcoming. She dressed very simple, but classy. She wore a simple blue blouse with a flattering design and light jeans. Over the blouse she was wearing a yellow cotton cardigan along with ballet flats. Next to the woman stood a middle aged man. He was about a length than the woman. He too had brown hair but a few gray hairs near his side burns. He had similar light golden brown eyes. He wore simple plaid long sleeve shirt with simple jeans and shoes. He look strict, but his smile showed he was kind and caring.

"Mum! Dad!" Hermione called out while running towards the couple dragging her trunk along with her. Luna followed Hermione. Hermione gave both her parents big hugs. Then she suddenly remember Luna. "Mum, Dad this is my best friend and roommate Luna Lovegood." she introduced.

Mrs. Granger pulled Luna into a motherly hug. "It's great to meet you, Luna. We have hear such nice things about you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Granger. Thank you again for letting me stay with you for the summer while Daddy travels all over Scottland for the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks." Luna said smiling with that dreamily look in her gray eyes.

Mrs. Granger raised an eyebrow at Hermione. "Crumple-Horned Snorkacks?"

Hermione just laughed.

***

"WAKE UP HERMIONE!!" Luna cheerfully shouted as she jumped onto Hermione's bed.

"Ughh!" Hermione grumbled while stuffing a pillow over her head hoping to block Luna's outbursts.

"Hermione, your mother said we are going out today. So get up!" Luna tried again while talking away Hermione's blanket.

That was the last straw for Hermione. She shot up from her bed. "Luna, you are so lucky we are under my parent's roof. But I swear the moment we step foot back in our flat you are dead to me." Hermione threaten while giving Luna a death glare.

Luna didn't look like an once affected by Hermione's glare or the death threat she just receive. Luna still had that dreamily look in her beautiful gray eyes and a sweet innocent smile plastered on her face. "Hermione, you better get ready. You're breakfast is getting cold." with that comment she happily skipped out of Hermione's old room.

Hermione grumpily got out of bed and freshen up before heading downstairs. As Hermione went down the stairs she stomped her feet.

"What's wrong with you?" Mrs. Granger ask as she poured Mr. Granger some coffee as he read the morning paper.

Hermione ignored her mother's comment and took her seat next to Luna.

"Hermione is just upset that she didn't get to sleep in this morning." Luna cheerfully commented before taking a sip of her orange juice.