We Meet Again

Chapter 2: We Meet Again

Five Years Later

High School

Hermione Granger was sitting in the bleachers behind a tuba player. She was with her school band at another high school's home football field. She played the flute. It was half-time when she and her school band just finished preforming a song to cheer on their school football team. Hermione sat quietly to herself as she watch the other school announce their MVP.

"Please give a big welcome to our MVP... Harry Potter!!!" the announcer announced after being followed by a huge roar from the crowd.

"Potter... Harry Potter..." Hermione said to herself quietly.

That sounds familiar, Hermione thought to herself trying to remember where and when she heard the name before. Hermione tried move around to see this "MVP" eventually she got up from her seat and went closer to the front to get a closer look of this "Harry Potter".

"Him!" Hermione said in shock as she watch a vaguely familiar boy with messy jet black hair and green eyes kick around a ball showing off his football skills. As Hermione continue to watch Harry she noticed this time he didn't wear his circular glasses. He was taller, and toned. He was no longer the skinny boy she met on the train.

"Wow...", Hermione said in disbelieve. As Hermione continued to watch Harry, she didn't seem to see the ball coming straight at her.

"WATCH OUT!" Harry called out to warn her, but it was too late. "Ooooouuu", Harry said softly to himself and flinched as he watch the ball hit her square in the face.

"Ouch.", Hermione said quietly getting her senses knocked into her.

Harry rushed over to where Hermione was standing. "Are you okay?," Harry asked.

"I'm alright.", Hermione said getting back up the bleachers with her back faced against him not knowing who she was talking to.

"I'm so sorry.", Harry apologized when Lavender, the head cheerleader approached Harry and laughed at Hermione.

Hermione just melted into her seat feeling a rush of embarrassment creep onto her face as she found out who she was talking to. She tried to hide and used her band hat to cover her face from the crowd.

Harry snapped his head towards Lavender. "That wasn't funny, Lav."

Lavender just laughed harder. "Come on, Harry. To her it wasn't, but to everyone else it was.", Lavender said before mocking Hermione reaction as she got hit then laughing even harder.

Just before, Harry could apologize again to the girl, his coached called him.

"Potter! Half-time is almost over. Come on let's go and think of a plan to continue our win to victory on this other half.", Harry's coach called out.

Harry gave one last look to the girl he just hit, who was now trying to hide herself from the attention of the crowd, before running back to his team huddle.

***

After the game was done. Harry brought his team to victory. While on his way to celebrate his win, he notice the girl with long bushy hair that he hit during half-time sitting down by a bench. Harry began making his way to her.

"Oi! Harry, where are you going? I believe our celebration party is this way!", Ron Weasley called out to Harry while pointing to the opposite direction Harry was walking towards.

"I know! I just have something to do. Don't worry, I'll meet up with you guys in a second, okay?", Harry called out. He looked at Ron and his team mate's unsure faces. "Don't worry! Go on without me!", he reassured them.