Part 10

Wait. We... Kissed...!

I press my hand to my mouth as I feel my cheeks become warm. "I-I just kissed her!" I gasp. "Vhy vould I do zhat?!" I silently stare at the girl laying in my bed. She snuggled closer to me, a content smile on her face. My lips slightly curve up, and I wrap a protective arm around her and lay my head on my pillow. "Gute nacht, (Name)."

"Ludvig~" a hushed voice calls out to me.

"Mm?" I slowly open my eyelids to find (Name's) face severely close to mine. "M-Mein gott!" I shoot up and accidentally head-butt her.

"H-Hey!" She painfully rubs her head. "Zhat hurt."

"I'm sorry! You scared me."

"I'm going to have a giant bruise now. Vielen Dank, Ludvig."

I avert my gaze from her tearful expression. "I said I vas sorry."

Her sighs turned to loud giggles as I turned to face her once more. "I'm just teasing you! It didn't hurt zhat bad, believe me!"

"Alright. So, anyvays, zhere vas somezhing I vanted to tell you."

"Hm?" She looks up at me with curiousity.

"Last night, I-"

"MR. GERMANY!" Japan throws open my bedroom door, looking panicked.

"Vhat is it?"

"It is England! They are invading Germany!"

"Nein!" I throw the covers off of my legs and rush to grab my uniform.

"V-Vait!" (Name) stumbled after me. "Vhat is going to happen?"

"I'm going to war," I say as I pull my uniform on, fastening it's buttons. "You are going to stay vizh mein bruder."

"But," she looks at the floor, fists clenched. "I vant to stay vizh you!"

"Nein, you vill not be safe."

"Bitte! I beg of you!"

"Nein!"

"(Name), grab your coat," Japan places a gentle hand on her shoulder. "I will escort you to Mr. Gilbert's house."

She hesitates, but avoids eye contact nonetheless. "Ok." I watch her back as she walks down the hall to grab her coat.

"Please, take care of her," I stare intently at Japan.

"Hai, I will," he smiles. "I'll make sure to tell Mr. Prussia to not lay a finger on her, as well."

I smirk at his witty attitude. "Danke, zhat vould help me sleep at night."

"(Name) is leaving?" Italy walks into our conversation with a worried expression.

"Ja, she is going to stay vizh Gilbert," I sigh. "I can't trust anyone else to keep her safe from the allies."

"Can you imagine if the allies caught wind of her?" Italy shuddered.

"That would be bad," Kiku agreed.

"Hopefully, zhat von't happen."