Chapter 16

~Vince~

I was laying on my side in from of her watching her sleep. I know. It's become a creepy habit, but if I only watch her then it's ok. Right? I was close to her face letting her breath fall on me. Her breathing was slow and soothing for me as her chest rises and fall. I remember when she use to say her heart only beated for me. Now it only beats so she can stay alive. This is hell. She's laying right next to me, and she has no idea who I am. She forgot all our sweet memories. All our painful ones, but mostly. She forgot....that I love her. I was told not to touch her, and cross my heart and hope to live I wouldn't! Though, staring was free range. It was kinda just like looking at a 3D picture. Yeah, that's what we'll go with. "Vince...." She mumbled out and my eyes widened as I was wondering if my ears were playing tricks on me. "Vince.....is not disgusting..." She said and I smiled my face full of contempt. So she's dreaming about me huh? Then her face started to squint with pain. "Let me go..." She grumbled And i moved a little closer. "Is she having a nightmare? Should I wake her up? "Vince..." She called again and I answered." Yes." With out thinking. "...is not disgusting." She said and leaned forward to kiss me. Ehhhhhhh! Why was she. Her lips were so soft I couldn't help but let myself kiss her back. I lover her kisses. I pushed myself forward pushing her mouth open to where my tongue could slip through.

I let myself enjoy her for a while before I wrapped myself around her and nuzzled into her neck. "Mmmm. Good morning to you too." I breathed and she pushed me away panicking. This was a test? I should of known." Vince why are you still here? You said you wouldn't do anything to me while j was sleeping." But she! And I- hold on here."Huh? I didn't do anything to you. You're the one who suddenly kissed me. " She started touching her head for some reason before sighing with relief. Did I miss something? Then she started to push me out of bed because somebody, I think her mother, started to call her. I really hope this isn't going to be how it used to be. Where her family bans her from seeing me, because they don't like me. "Go home. I have to get ready and I don't want my mom to see you." I guess that's understandable. I don't want her mom to see me either. I'd rather stay out of her families view for a while. I whined from her telling me to go home.Her back was turned to me and I couldn't surpress the urge to hold her. I wrapped my arms around her taking in the smell of her hair. Though I was quickly knocked back from Mia's elbow hitting me in the gut. I wanted that kiss.....I smirked." Alright alright I'm off." I said never turning around , and instead lining myself up to where her lips would be if she looked at me. She turned around and her lips slammed into me from the sudden stop. "Gotcha. I'll be waiting for you to get back." I smiled feeling myself already miss her. She smiled back." I'll try not to keep you waiting." My heart, if it were alive, would be beating like mad now. I barely had any of Mia's blood left in me so it was barely pounding the blood through me.

She hurried out grabbing a bag and I noticed a music box on her dresser. It was a music box. Should I open it? It was interesting, but I shrugged. Mia wouldn't want me going through her stuff, and if I did Suri would probably beat the crap out of me again. I shivered at the thought. I decided to leave it, and walked over to the window to see Suri about something. I couldn't stop thinking about Mia's behavior while she was sleeping. The kind of things she was saying. The way she felt her head when she woke up. Was she....remembering me? I could almost feel myself running to Suris house but I was stopped by Vivian. The hell is she doing here? "What?" I asked not in the mood for her today." I should be asking you the same question." She glared. Even though I hated being around her she looked far more pissed than her usual concealed self. "I can be where ever I want to be." I said not caring about her pissy face. "I thought I told you to stay away from her." She said and slightly walked over to me. "Hey what are you-"

"Silence." She said putting her finger on my forehead and gently touching it, her eyes closed like she was concentrating. Her expression seemed even more angered as she moved her hand down to my eyes, then my nose, and finally my lips. Her eyes popped open, and her fangs grew." Why!" She said pushing me to the floor. "Why do you insist on being with her? Why are you trying so hard? Why can't you just let her go?" She yelled pointing down at me steaming with anger, but she also seemed.....hurt. "I love her." I simply said and she made a face like I had just stabbed her. "Ever since you first saw that girl at the peace party it's always been Mia this! And Mia that! Did you really think that ME, a person who can see into your soul, can't see what you're up to?" She breathed her outrage turning into a rant that I felt like she had been holding in for a while. "She died for a reason! That means it wasn't meant to be! Why can't you just give it up and let her go already!"

I felt myself growl. A lot of times when I would lie to her about where I was going, but never to her face so she couldn't tell. I knew that she knew what I was up to. It be too naive to think she had no idea, but I also didn't think she was hurt by it. It was an arranged marriage. So I never expected her to actually want to be with me. "How did you expect me to ever take your feelings serious if you just agreed to an arranged marriage." I said after calming down a bit after her outburst of Mia was meant to stay dead. She stared at me for a while." Why would I agree with something that I wasn't happy with?" I rolled my eyes. " I'm saying how do you know who's really in love in a arranged marriage? You can be doing it for me, or for your parents."

"But it was for y-"

"Doesn't matter now, I didn't fall in love with you. I love Mia. I don't know why it's been taking you 1,000 years to understand that. Even if I did give up on Mia and be with you....it won't make me any happier!"

She stared at me looking into my eyes. I know she knows that I'd never lie about the way I felt about Mia. She turned away and paused a moment her hand clenching into a fist." One day, you'll see...." She let out before turning into a bat and flying off.

I need to talk to Suri.