Chapter 18

Day 15 of my rule breaking, when did I become such a rebel? Well, maybe not a rebel, more like me I guess. The hard lid that I always have closed is beginning to wear thin, and think I know what it is. Martin’s cool and funny, but most of all, he’s like me. We both have a secret that no one knows about, but we’re both wearing thin.

 Harry’s been watching me like a hawk lately too. Checking what time I get back and all that, he’s not a half bad brother-thing, really. 

Ah yes, rebel. It’s sort of become a thing between me and Martin to sneak out at night. Sometimes we’ll sit and eat pizza with Lucky, just talking. Other times we’ll run amuck on the playgrounds near Eden Estate. It’s fun to finally be able to do this with someone. I was alone for a while until the social services got involve. As previously stated, I would’ve been fine by myself. I had already lasted almost a year. Just me, Legit and that goat thing that always ate my clothes.

At the moment we’re doing neither. We’ve been waiting for this gosh darn bus for ages. Martin refuses to tell me where we’re going, he says it’s a “surprise”. I hate surprises, the last time I got one was the day the only person I had, left me.

“Martin, please tell me where we’re going. You know I hate surprises,” I plead.

“Well, actually I don’t,” he replies with a smirky tone.

“Now you do. So please, please, please tell me.”

“Hmmm… no. I’ll ruin it for you.”

“But, but, but…”

“But nothing,” He says grabbing my hand and leading me onto the bus. I didn’t even notice it had arrived through all my complaining.

We take our seats at the back of the bus. Even though we’re the only ones on the bus he insists that we sit here because this is where the “cool people” sit. “That is so primary school,” I say mockingly.

* * * * * * *

It’s not long before the bus stops and we get off.

“Hey, when’d it get so light?” I ask.

“The bus circled for about 2 hours,” He says bluntly.

“What? But it only felt like five minutes.”

“You fell asleep and I didn’t want to wake you. I got the bus driver to go around a few more times until you woke up.”

I look up at him, not knowing what to think. We stand there for a while looking at each other. His brown eyes are so enchanting… where have I seen them? Martin glances at his watch and jumps. “Come on, we’re late!”

He grabs my hand again and pulls me with him, running at top speed.

“Martin, slow down!” I yell.

“There’s no time, we’re gonna miss it!”

I have no time to look around to at least see where we are and get some clues about the surprise.

We finally stop. I’m panting for breathe and what does he do, he covers my eyes, giving me a fright. I try to move his hands away but he stays firm.

“Maaaaartin,” I whine.

“Nope, I’m not moving.”

“Buuuuut…”

“I promise you’re gonna like it.”

“Okay… I trust you.” I hear him breathe a sigh of what seemed to be relief.

You know penguins, those cute pieces of fur in suits. Yeah, that’s what we looked like. We were trying to move forward with him behind me, covering my eyes – which meant I couldn’t see – so he had to sort of had to guide me… let’s just leave it at penguins.

I can hear the mumbling of voices and then Martin say, “Now watch where you’re going, there’s a few steps.” He guides me up them, walks forward a bit and sits me down. The ground beneath us begins to move and I start to panic.

“Martin, what’s going on? Can I look now?” I say, gripping his hands over my eyes.

“Ouch, thank hurts.”

“Please, Martin.” He can obviously hear the stress in my voice because he helps me up and walks over to something that feels like glass. He removes my hands and just… WOW!

I stare gazing at the magnificent scenery for ages. It is so beautiful the way the dark of night contrasts with the new day.

“You can see everything from up here,” I say excitedly, “The stars, the moon, the sun, the Thames, Big Ben, London Bridge, London Tower … absolutely everything. Isn’t it beautiful, Mouse?”

He walks in closer with a strange look on his face. “Sorry, I meant Martin…” I say fidgeting.

The strange look fades and all he says is… “Just like you.”

He rests his head on mine and wraps his arms round my shoulders. I tilt my head onto his arm, watching as the sun rises and the stars disappear. 

Sorry guys I havn't updated in... ages *apologetic look*.  Hope you liked it anyways :D

Thanks

Emily x