She told me that she had found someone else… her mate. That he was better than me. So of course I had to find who this mysterious person was.  

I told Brooklyn to bring her mate to me, and she refused. She said that she would rather die than bring him here to get hurt.” 

I stared at Brooklyn’s eyes, which were a sickly shade of grey. She stared back at me as she sobbed. “I’m sorry, Za…” 

He covered her mouth with his hand. “You know that you are not to speak unless you are spoken to.” he said to her.

The man continued his story. “So I used my last resort… her family.” Brooklyn cried harder beside him. “Before I brought her to Massachusetts, we had faked her death. A little cliff diving with some friends that ended badly. Everyone was heartbroken. But we didn’t care. She hasn’t seen them since then, when she was 16. 

I told her that if she didn’t being you to me… I would kill her whole family, everyone. Cousins that she’s never met. Nieces and nephews that she didn’t even know existed. She took the bait. And that’s why were all gathered her today.” 

That’s why she was saying sorry. “You showed up at my job to bring me here?” 

Brooklyn cried louder. “I’m sorry, Zack. I didn’t want to. But he was going to kill my family. He said that if I brought you here he wasn’t going to hurt you.” 

Sebastian stood up from the floor. He smirked, “Well… I lied.” 

“And you were forced to have sex with me too?” 

“Oh no, that was her own little touch.” Sebastian answered for her. 

“And the baseball bat to the head?” 

“That was just to ensure that you were knocked out so we could tie you to that chair. We want you to see everything that’s going to happen.” 

Sebastian reached down and dragged Brooklyn up from the floor by her hair. She shut her eyes as she yelped. He turned her around. “Have you seen this?” He pointed to the jagged scar on her hip. “She is mine. She always has been, she always will be.” He swatted her on the behind with his hand. 

Red splotched started clouding my vision. I pulled harder against my restraints. 

He chuckled. “Those ropes are laced with wolf bane. You’re not getting out of that, Zackary.” 

“Oh, yes I am! And when I do… I promise that I will rip your ass a part!” 

He laughed again. “These are empty threats you make, Zackary.” He leant over and whispered something in Brooklyn’s ear, too low for me to hear. 

“No, no! Please, don’t.” Brooklyn pleaded, her face still turned opposite of mine. 

“And why ever not, baby? That is what engaged people do.” 

“We were never engaged since that day when you set your friends and watched while I begged you to stop them!” 

“But baby, that was for your own good.” he cooed lightly. 

Ugh, this man was seriously sick. 

“My own good?!” Brooklyn yelled. I could imagine her eyes had become a deep blue. “You’re a piece of shit! A sorry excuse for a man! You torture and abuse women into being with you because you know that no one would ever want you… ever! You’re a sic…” 

Sebastian grabbed onto her hair again, yanking her head back. “Oh baby, you don’t mean that. I know you don’t. You love me, and I love you. Were meant to be together. Nothing can keep you away from me!” He placed his lips over hers, kissing her passionately. 

I could feel my wolf thrashing inside of me and he could no longer control his rage. 

Sebastian pulled his lips away, smiling. 

Brooklyn hacked back he spit, shooting straight into Sebastian’s face. 

He remained silent, staring down at her. He seemed to be in shock. His hand slowly reached up to touch his face. He rubbed the pit off, flinging on the floor. 

In a split second, Sebastian’s hand came crashing down onto Brooklyn’s face. 

“I didn’t want to do this in front of your friend. But you’re such a little bitch!” he sneered. 

“No… stop!” Brooklyn cried. 

“Oh, don’t worry baby. It wont be like it was before.” His eyes had turned into a fiery red. “It’ll be much, much worse.”