Cinder

It was wrong. All wrong. You knew you couldn't tell anyone at Beacon. You had to keep it to yourself and keeping such a wonderful feeling like that to yourself was near impossible. But you didn't want to be deemed a traitor.

        You loved Beacon and everyone in it. You just couldn't help the feelings you had for Cinder. That's right. You have fallen for the worst of the worst. But how could you resist her?         She's hot. No pun intended. However, it seemed nobody knew her true identity outside of her teammates. Well, except you. It's been ages since you last saw her and yet she looked nearly the same.

        You recalled the past. You and Cinder were very close back in the old days. You had been orphaned at the young age of seven. Unlike most orphans you didn't give up. You didn't beg for food and you didn't rot away, you stole it and you lived.

        You grew up as a petty thief. At the age of thirteen you had met her when you tried stealing from her. She was five years older than you. Smart, beautiful and mischievous. She told you she had a plan and that it would take many years to work.

        Regardless of the years you stayed by her side. Thieving and scheming. You had fallen in love with her. Her eyes, her touch, her devilish smile. However, you knew you her plans were too pernicious for you.

        While out on a mission you never returned. Not because you ran away, but you had finally been caught. The law had caught you. You didn't serve any jail time when the head of the military found out you were just an orphan. You were given a family, a shelter, and home-cooked food. There were many days where you wanted to run away and go back to Cinder, but you were afraid. You decided to stay with your new family.

Eventually you became a third year at Beacon Academy. You wanted to protect your family and make sure there were as little children ending up like you or worse. On that day you passed her in the dorm hallway at Beacon Academy. You had been discussing battle strategies with your teammates for the Vytal Festival Tournament.

        "So, I think [name] should go all the way into the singles." You were talented and your teammates knew this. You tried to ignore your teammates as they bickered about who should fight in the Vytal Festival Tournament. They ended up leaving to go do something and you were left alone to walk to your dorm.

        "It hasn't even happened yet and they already thinking we're going to win." You scoffed. You turned the doorknob to the dorm, but before you open the door you saw a familiar flash. You quickly turned to see her, Cinder.

        You shook your head thinking you were imagining it. There's no way she'd be here. You took a deep breath, exhaled and entered your dorm. Later that night you lay awake thinking about the past. Thinking about Cinder.

        The next day you looked all over for the mysterious woman. You told your teammates you had "errands" to run. If by errands you mean stalking a woman who could be your old crush then yeah that's what you were doing. You never told your teammates about your past and at this point you probably shouldn't. After a few hours of trying to find her you ran out of luck. Walking back to your dorm you ran into the two that were with her on that day.

        "It looks like we found her." The man with gray hair said as he turned to the woman with tan skin and short green hair.

        "You're coming with us. Whether you like it or not. Besides I think you'll have a hard time entering your dorm without these." She held up a key. Your dorm key. You followed them.         "She wants to see you alone." With those words they pushed you inside the strange dorm. Looking around you saw her on the bed knitting or something. The door shut behind you alerting her to your presence.

        "It's been awhile." She said as she carefully poked the thread through the needle. You shyly walked over towards her. For awhile you stood watching her until she spoke.

        "Sit beside me." Those words made your heart sink. As you sat down Cinder put everything down and stared into your [e/c] eyes. You gulped. Her amber eyes were just as enchanting as you remembered.        Her hand reached out and touched your [hair length/style] [h/c] hair. Then she ran her knuckles down your face.

        "You haven't changed much." She commented. She reached out for her needle and pricked your finger.

        "Ow." You yelped. The blood quickly formed into a droplet and ran down your finger.

        "Why did you leave?" She asked looking at your bleeding finger. A sigh quickly escaped your mouth. You began to tell her all about that night.

        "I wanted to come find you. I wanted to stay with you. I was scared. Your plan.. It's-" You choked on your tears. Your eyes and throat burned. You hadn't cried like this in a long time. Not since the death of your parents. After wiping your tears away you began again.

        "Your plan was too insane for me. I was just a naive thirteen year old girl who happened to fall in love with you. I see now you're still committed to that plan, but I can't go back. I have friends and my team needs me and that's what hurts the most." You sniffed as I looked back into Cinder's eyes. She didn't show much emotion during that time, but you knew she cared. As sick as it sounds the only reason she hurt you was because she loved you. She wiped your tears away.

        Her fingers were warm against your cold and wet face. You rest your head on her chest and continued talking through your teary eyes.

        "It hurts so much because after all these years I still love you." You cried. You felt her hand stroke your head. She leaned in and whispered something into your ear.

        "I love you too." She looked at your right index finger. The blood had dried, but the wound was still open ready to ooze more blood. She kissed it. Then she looked up at your face. You felt a splash of red sprinkle across your face.

You leaned in closer and gently placed your lips on hers. That night you lie together cuddling each other. When morning came you left Cinder once more knowing that you can't possibly stay with her. Maybe one day you'd see her again and could finally be with her, but for now you stayed at Beacon Academy in hopes of becoming a huntress.