Troublesome Red Head

Thought around time of publishing - Thank you for your permission. As suggested I will now run screaming from the building.

_______________

Through a misty haze I heard a sweet voice calling my name. The voice was shaking, panicked, but that didn't matter to me –all I could hear was sweet softness of it. I just wanted to lie here and listen for years, but there was something was shaking my shoulder persistently.

Through my dreamy eyes I saw a small familiar blurry figure leaning over me, her dark black hair fell down towards me. It framed her pale face, and her bright blue eyes were staring softly into mine.

Damn I want to kiss her, I thought as I closed my eyes again, trying to suppress my feelings.

I heard my name whispered once more and I reopened my eyes.

I raised my hand to her face and traced my thumb lightly over her soft cheek, continuing up to her hairline and running my fingers into her hair.

Before I went any further I let my fingers fall through her hair and dropped my arm back on top of the duvet - even if this was a dream that was as far as I'd allow myself to go, I had to have control. If I didn't keep myself in control I didn't know what might happen...

I rolled over, pulling the covers around me in my sleep.

A dull pain build in my left hand, and it built till it was so sharp it ripped me wide awake. "Shit!" I exclaimed, bolting up into a sitting position, confused.

Evelyn was standing at the end of the bed, trying her hardest to prevent the corners of her mouth from twitching into a mischievous smile.

I looked around, dazed, there was light streaming in through my window. I must have slept like the dead, because it was past midday. I was still wearing the crumpled t-shirt and jeans I'd had on yesterday. I rubbed my eyes and looked back to Evelyn, her small shoulders were shaking hard with silent laughter. Quite abruptly she turned around and ran out of the room.

I blinked in confusion and ran my hand through my hair. Sharp pain went through my hand when I did so, and I looked down at it.

In the gap between my thumb and my forefinger there was a small, delicate, crescent moon shaped, red welt. I looked closer at the mark, it was made from a series of smaller lines...

I let out a disbelieving laugh, she'd bit me! These were teeth marks!

I went into hysterics, she never woke me up the same way twice. Last time she'd caught one of the wild pixies in the garden and left it to dance on my face. Still laughing I got up and bounded after her downstairs.

However I didn't make it down the stairs, and my laughter quickly faded. All it took was one look at who was waiting for me in the lobby.

My mother was talking way to her parents, and her younger sister who was my age was hanging back by the front doors, talking to someone outside.

My Fiancé Freya was leaning against the banister at the bottom of the stairs.

I could see even more of her from up here than I should be able to, even though her short body hugging black dress didn't try to hide much. Her hair was now a vibrant red that danced in the midday light, though it had been light blond the last time I'd seen her.

"Nate!" my mother called, "you're finally up! Come downstairs and give everyone a proper greeting!"

The spring in my step lost, I slowly started making my way downstairs.

"It's great to see you again Mr and Mrs Swarie," I said with a convincing smile. "And it's great to see both of the Miss Swarie's too."

I made it to the bottom of the stairs and Freya held her hand out to me, a coy smile on her lips.

I took her hand and kissed the back of it, her smile deepened to a smirk.

"Oh darling, my little Fiancé, there's no need to be so formal," she said, and with a strength that only a recently nourished vampire possessed she grabbed my hand and yanked it, pulling me towards her.

Our faces were inches apart and I could feel her breath rush against my skin with every breath. Her perfume was subtle, but suggestive. She brought her red lips to my cheek, and whispered softly against my skin in a sweet dangerously voice.

"It looks like you were busy last night," she squeezed my left hand so it hurt. "You finally did it? Was she so against it that she bit you, or is that just how you two like to play?" she mocked.

My jaw tensed, and she laughed lightly at my reaction, and gave me another peck on the cheek, before letting go. I was glad Evelyn had gone away, I didn't want her to see this.

I looked up only to realize she was there, watching passively from the other side of the room. But before I had the chance to feel anything about it I realized that Freya had followed my glance with her dark brown eyes.

The smirk re-emerged on her face and anger flooded through me. I couldn't forgive her for what she did last time, for getting Evelyn hurt. I'd seen the consequences and I knew too well what happened if she didn't get her way.

Fighting fire with fire I slipped my arm around her waist.

"I'll show you to the guest rooms you'll be staying in tonight." I said.

"You mean I'm not sharing with you?" she laughed as I lead her away from Evelyn.

This time I wouldn't let Freya her hurt because of me.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

This chapter seemed... short? Oh well, might update again tonight ^_^ The music included with each chapter is starting to get darker now!

Soooo... What happened? What do you think of his fiance?

Comment and let me know what you think!