Chapter 17-Goodbye My Friend

((Picture is of Kai))

-Third Person's P.O.V-

-Three Weeks Later-

Everyone was in the middle of a fight with a team of masked spirits, head to toe in black. No one knew who they were yet, since this was everyone's first time meeting them.

Stiles made a mental side note to ask Logan and Allison if they maybe knew anything. Also ask Kira.

Whenever anyone tried to cut or injure the spirits, they'd disappear and reappear somewhere else.

"KAI!!!"

All the pack and friends looked over at the blood curdiling shout of Freya and the ear piercing scream of Lydia from a few rooms away.

Falling to the ground was the 6'4 tanned werewolf/griffin hybrid, his black hair matted in blood and dirt, a sword run through his stomach.

Freya, Logan, and Lucy stumbled over to the body of their packmate.

"Wolfsbane..."

Logan looked at the dying hybrid sadly as Freya let out a long and broken howl, the spirits dissapearing in a whirlwind of black smoke.

Freya cradled Kai's now limp body to her chest as everyone regrouped.

Derek checked for wounds on Lucy while Boyd patched up Erica. Isaac helped Jackson up from the ground, both mumbling about asshole spirits. Stiles pulled Logan away from the alpha and her fallen beta, the young girl shaking as she clutched to Stiles.

Lydia and Allison Touched Freya's shoulders as they entered and the girl growled, causing them both to back off.

They gave the girl sympathetic looks before going and checking on Kira and Malia.

Scott walked over, kneeling across from the brunette alpha.

"Freya, listen to me, you need to calm down and let Kai go, if you touch his wound Itll affect you too."

"I've known him...for years...he was one of the first in my pack. I'm the alpha and I didn't protect him!"

Scott shook his head and Jayden took Kai's body away as Scott helped Freya up,

"You did all you could. You are an amazing alpha."

Freya just looked up weakly as her pack discussed on the side around Kai's body.

-Day after-

-Third Persons P.O.V-

Scott and the others were shocked they were invited to what was considered Kai's funeral.

At the end of it, Freya walked up to his body as it laid on the bale of hay and wrapped her slim fingers around the pendant hanging from his neck.

She ripped it off in one smooth motion and kissed his head, walking back to her pack as Stephen and Kay doused Kai's body in gasoline.

"Goodbye my friend. Goodbye my Beta."