Chapter 13

"Why is that girl not dead? She could ruin everything with all of the power she possesses! That one girl could make this whole plan come crumbling down. One girl!"

The Witch King of Angmar snarls, stalking off into the dimly lit hallway.

His servants cower back, trying to make themselves flush with the wall. All are terrified of his wrath; he has been known to kill for simply being looked at in the wrong way. Most stare down at their feet as he passes, cringing farther into the wall as if it might swallow them up.

"My lord-" one of the orcs start, hesitantly taking a step forward.

His grimy clothes and blood-covered sword made it obvious that he had just returned from a raid and had no idea just how bad a mood the Witch King was currently sinking in. None of the other orcs stop him from speaking though, afraid that the Witch King's anger might then be transfered to themselves. Some glance up quickly, looking left and right to find the source of the orc that would dare speak to him while everyone else cowers, but quickly look back down in a combination of respect for the orc and fear of the Witch King.

The Witch King turns, advancing to tower before him. "What?" he asks the tone of his voice deadly and quiet, his expression as always hidden behind the metal mask.

"W-we still have the elf m-my lord." he stumbles over his words, quickly bowing down. He now realizes just how much trouble he has gotten himself into.

The Witch King pauses, thoughtful. "True, that lowly creature may be my last chance to get rid of that stupid girl! We will just have to make sure that he does not fail." he laughs darkly.

Suddenly, the Witch King draws his sword, running the orc through with it. Straightening, he turns to another orc that is cringing away from him and attempting to subtly move farther down the dim hallway.

"Clean this up." he orders, his tone showing the disgust that his hidden features do not.

"Y-yes my lord." is the orc's gravelly reply.  The terror is evident in the slight tremor of his voice, and the Witch King laughs to himself again.

The Witch King moves on, now spurred by this new idea. He would make sure this girl died before she realized all of her true power. If she learned to wield her powers he was not sure he could defeat her. She would quite possibly become too powerful for him, and no doubt she would come after him once she realized her father was being held captive.

"She is still young. I will just have to manipulate her into doing what I want." he mutters to himself. "And if that elf fails, well, we will just have to rely on daddy dearest to get us what we want." He laughs, the alien sound echoing around the dark corridor lit dimly by candles.

The Witch King turns to orcs that are walking down the hallway in the opposite direction.

"Come," he barks, "we have work to do."