Chapter 7: Five Days to Take Your Breath Away

'm ***Rachelle's P.O.V.***

"I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now. And all the roads we had to walk are winding. And all the lights that light the way are blinding. There are many things that I would like-"

"Hello," I answered my cell interrupting 'Wonderwall' by Oasis. It's Alex's ringtone. He decided months back that it should be our song.

"Good morning," he said cheerfully.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Remember how when we first started dating, you always wanted me to take you on a date to the beach but I never wanted to go?"

"Yes?"

"Okay, well, find your bathing suit, because today, we're going," he said.

"Why now?" I asked.

"Because," he began. "I have less than a week to blow your mind. Rach, I have only five days to take your breath away."

I smiled to myself. "Okay, what time?"

"I'll pick you up in about ten minutes."

Okay," I said. He hung up.

I ran down the stairs and called for my mom. Of course, she wasn't there.

I ran into the kitchen, grabbed some juice, and ran back upstairs. I had eight minutes left.

I found my bathing suit quickly and managed to locate some shorts. I threw all of it on, pulled my hair into a ponytail, washed my face, brushed my teeth, then looked at the clock. Three minutes left. I grabbed some lipgloss and some mascara and tried to make myself look decent. I did the best I could.

As I was walking down the stairs, I composed a quick text to my mom telling her not worry. Not that she would, either way.

When it hit the bottom step, the doorbell rang.

I opened the door, and there was Alex in his bathing suit and no shirt. He had an amazing body for someone who was kinda lazy. He took my hand and led me to his truck. We got in and he drove us away.

***Later that night.***

Dear Diary,

Today with Alex was amazing. We swam and played around like little kids until it was dark. Before we left, we made love under the moon on the beach with no sound but us and the waves.

It was beautiful. I'm really going to miss him and at this point, I can't see any aspect of my life without him there beside me. I know I'm coming back for him as soon as I can, but soon isn't soon enough.

He keeps telling me about how the distance will just make us stronger and we'll be together in the end. I don't know how he manages to stay so optimistic, but I wish I could too.

Sometimes, I wonder how he's really handeling things. These types of things usually don't sink in for him until it's already over and done. I hope he's going to be okay.

-Rachelle.

***Alex's P.O.V."*\

***Alex's inner thoughts***

"I'm going to do everything in my power to see her as much a possible. I can't be without her now that I've had her so long. I keep hoping to God or whoever I'm supposed to make these requests to that I'm going to wake up and this whole process of loosing her is going to be one really long dragged out bad dream.

But, the cynical realist inside me doesn't allow for false hope and wishing on stars.

I think it's really possible to 'die from sorrow'. I"m beginning to get really sick and sad all the time. I'm either coming down with something, or I love her even more than I thought possible.

No break up has ever felt like this. I can't deal. I need to sleep it off."

I turned off the lights and prayed for sleep. It came that night.