Missing You (Prologue)

Missing You

Prologue...

"You can't be serious!" Rachelle screamed to her mother. "I can't leave him. We had a plan! What, you want me to just up and fucking leave because you want me to?! What kind of shit is that?!"

"I'm doing this for your own good," Wendy (Rachelle's mother) explained calmly. "You and that boy have been getting way too serious."

Rachelle hated the way her mother said "that boy". She said it all the time with this tone of bitchiness in her voice. As if she didn't even know his damn name.

"Mom, I know you say that I'm too young to know what love is, but I honestly DO know. I found it here. With Alex. And I'm not leaving him now. Not after everything we've been through. I just can't. No, I won't. And you can't make me, either," Rachelle said, trying to reason with her mother.

"You don't know what love is, Shell. You're just too young. You'll understand when you get older. You really will. I thought I knew, but your father.."

"Yeah, yeah," she said interrupting her mom. "I've heard the story before. You and Daddy were just kids when you married. You thought you knew, but you really didn't know about love. Blah, blah, blah. But I'm not you, and Alex is NOT Daddy."

"Shell, I'm not having this discussion with you right now. Or ever," her mom said getting annoyed. "We're leaving, and that's final. You have 'til the end of the month, so you better get over it and start packing."

Rachelle started to argue, but her mom walked out, shutting the kitchen door behind her.

She obviously wasn't going to change her mother's mind, but she had to at least try. For her own sake, for everything she had in this lame little town, and (most importantly) for Alex.