Chapter 6: Take Me Away

Alex's P.O.V.

***The Next Morning***

I woke up with Rachelle next to me breathing slowly on the bed. Looking down at her, I couldn't believe we had only six days left to be together.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:47. I had work at 10:15. I didn't want to wake Rachelle up, but I couldn't leave her at my house by herself. So, I woke her up anyway. She stayed in my bed while I got ready to leave, and when I was leaving, she got up.

We walked out of my house together and I walked her to her car. I kissed her goodbye and we made plans to spend the night again tonight. I watched her drive off before I got in my car.

I was turning off my street when my phone rang in my pocket. It was her.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey."

"We're going to have to talk tonight," she said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Us," she said.

"Okay, well, we'll talk when you get to my house later," I told her.

"Actually, I was thinking that you could stay at my house tonight," she said. "I have a lot of packing to do still."

"Alright," I said. "I'll see you then. Love you."

"Love you too," she said. She hung up the phone.

I turned and pulled over to the side of the rode. I grabbed the water bottle from under the seat of my car. I opened it and took a long sip of the vodka that was inside. It felt like I was gonna need it.

***Later***

Rachelle's P.O.V.

I waited for Alex to come over tonight. I was so nervous. The outcome of tonight would be completely unpredictable.

I started to panic when he knocked on the front door. I composed myself physically before opening the door.

I opened the door and there he was standing with this solemn expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he said. "Just tired." He looked hungover to me.

I opened the door more and gestured for him to come in. He accepted the silent invitation and came in.

We went up to my room and I sat down on my bed. He followed suit and sat across from me.

"So," he said. "What are we talking about?"

"How do you feel about us being together after I move?" I asked him.

"I want to be with you," he said, slurring a little. "We've been together long enough to get through something like this."

"True," I said smiling. I leaned in to kiss him and could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Have you been drinking?!"

"A little," he answered embarrassed.

"Why?" I asked.

"I've just been really stressed out lately," he said.

"I can understand that," I said. I could feel my anger weakening.

"Yeah," he said. He took me into his arms and kissed me so softly I forgot exactly why I was mad.

Our kiss was interrupted by his loud ring tone, muffled in his pocket.

"Yo," he said to the person on the other line. I couldn't hear much of anything but muffled screams. He just said okay and hung up.

"That's my cue," he said, looking down on me.

I groaned and rolled off of him onto the bed.

I walked with him hand in hand down the stairs to my front door.

He stopped with his hand on the door knob and looked back at me. "Rach," he began. "What do you want me to do?"

I thought for a moment then answered. "Take me away," I told him.

He smiled and looked down at me. "I will. One day. Soon. I promise you that."

I stood on my toes and kissed him.

He opened the door and started to walk out. He stopped right outside my door and looked back at me. "Rach?" he said.

"Yes?"

"You know you're mine forever, right? I can't live without you. I decided that a long time ago.

And with that, he left me standing there in the doorway, watching as his truck faded away.