7. Why are you hugging me?

[ ALERT : Gakushu and Hideaki Chapter!!.  Those who are not into this don't read!!!. ]

"Hide?"

"What do you want from me Shū-Chan?"

It was the same as usual, both Asano children were stuck at home either studying or. . .well, mainly studying while their parents were out to who knows where.

Such a convenient situation the two were in, but it's not what people some people would believe.

Gakushū constantly tried to find way to talk to his younger sister casually without having to worry about an excuse brought up by their Father, this seemed like a perfect moment.

'She'll have to speak with me now' He thought to himself as he looked up from his book to his younger sister, Hideaki, lying on the floor.

She had a bad habit of resting on the floor instead get of sitting properly when reading or studying, but no one really said anything about it since she always got her work done.

She felt his gaze on her as she furrowed her brows and looked up at him"would you please stop staring at me, it makes me uncomfortable" She snapped at him.

"Eh? Oh, I apologize" He said as he yucky got out of his daze, he hadn't realized that he had been staring so long.

He cleared his throat trying to compose himself as he looked down at her again"how are your studies going?"

"Fine" She stated firmly in response not having the patience to actually to him or even acknowledge his existence at all.

"That's good to hear. . . .and your classes at sc-"

"Their fine too Shū-Chan"

'She didn't even let me finish. . . .' A short breath passed through his lips as he tried to figure out what else to talk about, this wasn't working out so well for him.

"Gosh. . . ." The strawberry blonde ran a hand through his head exhausted like as his sister blinked at him"what's wrong? Do you have a headache?"

"A bit. . . .but I'll be fine" He mumbled in reply to her question, he didn't want to worry even if she denied it he could tell she was worried.

'Hmm. . .perhaps he over worked himself somehow-wait, why do I care?' The female quickly turned back to her book acting as if she didn't care, just as he had predicted.

She hadn't always been like this, that's what Gakushū remembered from their youth.

He slowly saw darkness for a few seconds before remembering the past they shared together, as brother and sister.

Or so he tried to convince himself.

Gakushū and Hideaki would offend play together, back then before everything changed, all because of their Father.

In those days Hideaki would always smile, not the usual smile she used now that was scheming and twisted but a real smile with real emotions.

Gakushū was the same.

Back then they were closest as close could be, even being used to being the center of attention in his family when Hideaki was born it brought a new perspective.

He never really considered how lonely he was until she was born.

It was the same when she stopped being the sister he knew and loved so dearly.

Over the years their Father changed as did Gakushū but he's feelings towards his sister never changed one bit. . . .

Even so, he wasn't able to protect her from the only person who ever threaten his way of life.