Chapter 15 - Message

(sorry about the time skip)

July 17, 2015

Today was the day I brought Quentin Luke Hemmings home. He was born yesterday, surprisingly on Luke's birthday. He also looked so much like Luke that it hurt.

Louis was there, and so was Charlotte, Èmile, and Jocelyn. Jocelyn and I had become great friends in the past few months.

Louis had been in love with Quentin right after he had seen him for the first time. I had asked Louis to be the godfather, and of course he said yes.

"He's so adorable," Louis complimented as he held him before I was going to put him to sleep that night.

"Thank you," I smiled at him, "he mainly looks like Luke, though."

"You can tell that he's your son, too," Louis pointed out some things that Quentin had gotten from me.

Jocelyn approached us, "could I hold him again?"

"Sure," I smiled, telling Louis to hand him to her, "but just a minute. I need to put him to sleep."

"How is he so adorable?" She giggled.

"Well.. His father is Luke Hemmings," Louis laughed.

"He's too cute, though. I want to hold him forever and hope some of his adorableness rubs off on me," Jocelyn joked.

"Okay, well, you can hold him more tomorrow. I need to get him to sleep," I told her before taking him. I fed him right before putting him to bed because he always seems to sleep well after being fed.

------

After getting Quentin to sleep, I walked out into the living room where Jocelyn, Louis, Charlotte, and Èmile were.

"Can you speak French?" I asked Louis.

"Not very well," he replied, "but I can a little bit."

"Okay.." I nodded. Charlotte was beginning to talk to me.

"Quand allez-vous dire à Luc?" She asked, and I translated for Louis. (French; when are you gong to tell Luke?)

"Je ne sais pas. Je ne veux pas.." (French; I don't know. I don't want to.)

"Vous devez, Genevieve," Èmile spoke. (French; you need to, Genevieve.)

"Je sais que je dois. Je ne peux pas me résoudre à le faire. Qu'est ce que je vais faire? Appelez-le lever et dire, «en passant, vous avez un fils. Bye!'?" (French; I know I need to. I just can't bring myself to do it. What am I going to do? Call him up and say, 'by the way, you have a son. Bye!'?)

"N Que diriez-vous vous retournez à l'Australie et de lui dire face à face ou par Skype lui et l'amener lentement." (French; no. How about you go back to Australia and tell him face to face or Skype him and bring it up slowly.)

"Je ferai. Je promets. Juste pas maintenant." (French; I will. I promise. Just not now.)

"Bie-" Charlotte began to talk when he phone started to ring. I walked over to it. It was Luke.. I didn't want to pick it up, but part of me did. I hesitated too much, and the answering machine got it. Thank god he left a message. I got to hear his voice again.

"Bonjour, Genevieve.. I miss you. Uh, it hasn't been the greatest around here lately. Your dad is getting really worried about you since he hasn't heard from you in a while. I just wanted to check in on you to see if you were okay and uh, I also just wanted to tell you that I really, really miss you. I know I was an ass to accept that dare and if I wouldn't have, you'd be right here in my arms at the moment. I just can't find words to express how sorry I am for that, for everything. I know you probably don't want to hear me right now and when you're listening to this you've most likely already stopped the message, but I can't stand not seeing your beautiful face and hearing your adorable laugh every day. It's been killing me for the past months since you've left. Well yesterday was my birthday, and the only thing I wished for was to have you back here with me," I could tell he was crying, "I'm sorry if you listened the whole way through this message because I probably wasted your time, but I'll call again soon. I love you, Genevieve.. Bye," his voice trailed off and there was a beep, indicating that he had hung up.