Chapter 3 - "Veux-tu être ma petite amie?"

February 20, 2014

*Genevieve's POV*

A few weeks later, I wanted to go see Luke at the coffee shop, but my dad was giving me a hard time about it. He didn't want me to go for some reason.

"Why not, papa?" I asked, grabbing my coat.

"I said no. Your room, now," he turned and ran upstairs then motioned for me to come up.

I stormed into my room. I texted Luke, telling him that I wasn't coming. He asked why. I want sure what to say because I didn't even know why myself.

"My dad," was all I said.

"Oh. I can come over to yours??"

"Yeah. Please."

About ten minutes later, he knocked in my window. I shushed him, then let him in. I motioned towards the door, letting him know my dad was here.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"It's okay," I assured him.

We sat on my bed and talked for a while. He told me about how his mum had been acting weird lately. I hadn't met his mum or his brothers. I heard a lot about them, though.

I soon heard footsteps towards my door. I shoved Luke into the closet and mouthed a "sorry" to him before sitting on my bed. I took out my phone, and dad walked in.

"You texting Luke?" He asked, walking towards me.

"Maybe.." I answered.

"No!" He raised his voice.

"Why can't I, papa?" I asked. He turned away from me.

"Answer me, papa!" I grabbed his arm.

"I can't."

"You can. Just speak," I told him as if it was simple.

"It is his mum," he quietly said.

"What?"

"Me and his mum are not good lately," he answered.

"You two together?" I wondered.

"Not exactly. Goodbye, Genevieve," he left my room.

"My mum?" Luke asked as softly as he could after sitting beside me on my bed.

"Yeah," I shrugged it off.

"I'm glad he didn't come in on me being here," he exhaled.

*Luke's POV*

"Me too," she agreed.

"Genevieve, I really like you," I smiled at her. She blushed. I grabbed her hand, "I never knew I'd fall for a beautiful French girl like yourself."

"I like too. I like you too, sorry."

"It's fine. I was thinking this was going to be nicer, but it doesn't have to be," I paused nervously, "Genevieve, will you be my girlfriend?"

She looked confused and cocked her head to the side. She must not have understood. I repeated it in French, "Genevieve, veux-tu être ma petite amie?"

"Oui," she answered without hesitation. She kissed my cheek. I froze.

"Too," she paused, thinking of the word, "soon?"

"No," I shook my head, "not at all." I kissed her cheek back, and she giggled.

"Genevieve! Are you talking to someone?" Her dad yelled from downstairs.

"No, papa!" She covered.

"Luke, he's knowing you are here soon," she seemed sad.

"It's okay. I'm staying here with you."

*Genevieve's POV*

"Bien," (French; okay) I entwined our fingers together, "I'm tired."

"You sleep, then. I'll lay beside you," he smiled at me. I laid back into bed and looked at his beautiful blue eyes staring deep into my chocolate brown eyes.

"You're so beautiful," he complimented.

"Why thank you," I blushed.  I fell asleep soon after.