Chapter 12

*Kylie's POV*

I finished applying the last layer of mascara to my lashes when my phone started vibrating for like the hundredth time. I stared at the screen to find three more missed calls from Taylor. I was getting tired of this. He kept calling and calling every, like, every five minutes, nonstop.

I smiled when I heard the sound of a car approaching my house. I went rushing to the window. Just the person who I was waiting for; Austin. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach every time I saw him.

I checked myself once again in the mirror. I was wearing the 'little black dress' Austin saw me wearing that day at the mall with a black vest on top, my high, black heels, and my earrings. I had my hair up, in a high ponytail.

Picking up my phone, I quickly texted my mom to tell her that I was going out. Then, I slid it into my clutch and went down the stairs carefully. When I was down, I opened the front door just to see Austin waiting outside with his back pressed to his car. A smirk suddenly appeared on his face when he laid his eyes on me. I walked to him and when I got to where he was, he took hold of my hand and spun me around.

"You look amazing." He said. My heart started to thump faster.

"Thank you. You don't look that bad yourself." I said with a playful grin on my face. He had some jeans and a red t-shirt paired with his favorite red sneakers.

He opened the passenger's door for me to enter and then shut it close. He quickly made his way around the car, opened his door and entered. Austin started the engine and we took off.

Minutes passed and he finally looked at me and said, "I seriously can't take my eyes off of you. You look stunning, Kylie." He smirked.

"Hey. Eyes on the road." I said teasingly. We both laughed.

I turned the radio on and went searching for songs to hear. I finally found 'Love Somebody' by Maroon 5 and started singing to it. Surprisingly, Austin started to sing with me.

'I really wanna love somebody

I really wanna dance the night away

I know we're only half way there

But you take me all the way, you take me all the way

I really wanna touch somebody

I think about you every single day

I know we're only half way there

But you take me all the way, you take me all the way'

His voice sent chills to my body. He really knows how to sing!

"You're so good!" I said with a surprised look on my face.

"At what? Remembering the lyrics?" He asked.

"Nooo! Well, yeah, but no! Your singing is perfect. You reach every note!" I responded.

"No I don't." He said.

"Yes you do!"

"No, I don't."

"Yes! You do!"

We stayed debating for a while until he finally admitted that he does sing very well. We kept on talking about random stuff until we got to the restaurant. He gave his car to one of the valet's so they can get it parked.

We were at Olive Garden; my favorite restaurant. We entered and went to our reserved table.

"Thank you very much for bringing me here, I love this place." I said.