~Chapter 2~

After graduation we all went to a party at Lux and Grants house. Their parents went out so we had the place to ourselves. Around 50 people showed up. We were all dancing and there were drinks of the adult variety. But, none of us could drink since we had a circle in a matter of hours. Pot on the other hand was ok. It actually made our minds more clear. Grant, Rain, and I were the only ones that par took though.

Rain and I were inseparable when in the same room together. Grant found his way to us and pointed his head upstairs so we made our way. Once upstairs we followed Grant to the attic. Then we proceeded to the roof. We crawled out a round window onto a flat square area about ten feet by ten foot that was encased by a fence. There were pillows and we all sat down.

"This is the plant I have been growing myself and I wanted us all to try it together. So bear with me." Grant said smiling as he lit the joint.

The first hit I took made my head feel tingly. As we passed it around we talked about our senior year and our trip that was just a day away. I felt relaxed and level headed. This was really good stuff I wasn't hungry or feeling sluggish.

"This is a different feeling." I said Looking at Grant whom was now standing.

"I know. Do you two like it?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah." Rain and I said in unison.

"I mixed many different herbs together in order to get this certain high. I want something that didn't make you tired or lazy. Something that would still make you relax but aware yet something that didn't dull our senses." Grant explained proudly.

"I think you got it perfect. What are you going to call it?" Rain asked

"Tranquility."

"That is perfect." I said smiling at him.

Grant was a handsome guy. Like his twin Lux he had black hair with blue eyes. His long hair always pulled back in a braid that went part way down his back. The moonlight made him look paler than usual. He was looking up at the stars intently. I have always had a crush on him but, Ella told everyone that we couldn't date inside the circle.

"Want to see something I have been working on?" Rain asked standing up. Then she walked over to the fence.

She stood completely straight and lifted her arms up high. From behind she looked like a Y. Grant sat down next to me. Rain started muttering something but, I couldn't quite hear her. Then I noticed that it had gotten strangely quiet. I no longer heard the music flowing from downstairs. Then I heard crickets filling the silence. I heard twigs breaking, Dogs barking and cats meowing. I stood up and walked over to stand next to Rain. Grant followed me. Rain was so concentrated. Then she whispered 'catch me' and fell. Grant caught her and slowly lowered her to the pillow she was on. Like a wave the music came back through the air.

"Cool wasn't it?" Rain said with a smile.

"Yeah it was. Are you ok though?" Grant asked worriedly.

"Yeah. I just get really drained sometimes that's all." Rain said reassuringly.

"I think you need to take it easy. Especially if you are going to start having visions. The visions can take a lot out of you. When a person has visions they use the person's magic to generate." Grant said trying to explain the importance to her.

"I will be fine. Really don't worry I know how far I can push myself." Rain said standing up but still wobbly.

Grant sat her back down and talked to her about not pushing herself. I looked at the stars, they were extra bright tonight. Ella sent Lux to get us so we could head to the tree. Everyone was leaving, moaning about not wanting to go home. Then someone screamed.