Chapter 10

Infection of Darkness chpt.10

I jump out of the taxi and slam the door shut behind me, I look around and see Mark and the guys just walking into the station, I run towards them. "Guys!!"
They all turn towards me, they all look worried.
"Jack!" I hear Mark call out.
I run towards them, "Come on!! We have to find Mini ... He's here somewhere !" I yell, urging them to follow me and they do. We run along side each other, racing through the station looking madly around trying to find Mini's face amongst the crowd. We search all over the top floor with no luck and then rush down the flight of stairs to the platforms below. We all stand at the bottom of the stairs frantically looking around for mini but we can't see him anywhere.
"Where the hell is he?!" I yell.
"There!!" I hear Delirious screech, he's pointing at the other side of the tracks... It's Mini! Thank fuck!! But he's on the other side ... Damn it!! We see Mini, he's waiting for the train on the other side. He's standing there oblivious to our panic. I walk forward towards the edge of the platform and yell across the tracks "MINI!" I call. I see Mini lift his head up. He looks a bit confused, I hear him call out "Jack?"
I put my hands up to my mouth and yell "Mini!! Do NOT get on the train!!"
"What?!" I hear Mini yell back. I hear a faint noise to my left. I can feel the platform vibrate beneath my feet. Panic starts to set in.
I yell out again "DON'T GET ON THE TRAIN!!"
"HE SAID DON'T GET ON THE FUCKING TRAIN!!" I hear Delirious scream after me. Vanoss and Mark look at each other then back at Mini.
"What?!" I hear Mini call again. I hear the sound of the train growing closer, I feel the platform vibrate vigorously, I can even see the faint lights peering out from the tunnel where the train is coming from. The noise from the approaching train is making it hard to hear Mini yelling from across the platform, I see him cup his hand behind his ear as if he can't hear me, he steps closer towards the edge of the platform.
"I SAID DON'T GO ON THE FUCKING TRAIN!!!!" I scream from the top of my lungs, but he cant hear me at all.
"MINI LISTEN!!" I hear Vanoss yell from behind me, his voice riddled with panic.
"STEP BACK FROM THE EDGE!!!" Mark yells.
"WHAT?!" Mini shouts aggressively, as he takes another step closer towards the edge, trying to pick up what we are saying ... The train is really close now, still traveling at a decent speed, our voices are completely blocked out by the train. I hear myself still screaming but it's drowned out by the trains engine. Im watching Mini still motioning with my arms and hands not to move. Suddenly, out of no where I see mini stumble forward with a jolt ... As if something hit him with huge force. I grab at Vanoss's arm. Again mini launches another step forward ... something is pushing him towards the train, b-but no one is standing behind him!! No one is there!! I can see Mini's face as he tries to steady himself ... He's confused and terrified. He looks across the tracks at us and his eyes are pleading, begging for help. My heart is racing, my stomach churning as the train is about to pass us and I see mini being shoved violently again ... He falls face first onto the tracks as the train screeches past us.
"NOOOOOOOOOOO" I scream. I throw myself forward, reaching my hands out to Mini, I hear the others yelling and screaming beside me and I feel Vanoss holding onto me pulling me back.
"MIINNIIIIIII!!!!" Delirious screams.
I hear people around us starting to scream and panic spreads along the platform. The awful sound of the trains screeching tracks grinding metal on metal as the driver has obviously slammed on the brakes. But it's too late ... I hear the guys beside me over come with grief and fear. I walk towards the edge of the platform, each slow step I take feels like my feet are weighted with concrete. I don't want to look but I can't turn away. I look over the edge and what I see brings me to my knees. Mark and Vanoss crouch beside me, they each place a hand on my shoulder.
"Don't Jack ... Don't do this to yourself" mumbles Mark.
I don't listen ... I have to look ... I peer over the edge again and see what's left of Mini's broken, bloodied and mangled body. There's so much blood it glistens and pools around the shiny metal of the tracks. The only thing that's untouched and in one piece ... is Mini's tie. I put my hands to my face and the emotions overcome me and I sob for my friend.
"Nooooooo ..... Noooo ... Not fucking mini ... What the fuck ..... I .. I ... " yells Delirious as he starts to hit himself in the head. Vanoss rushes over to him and Delirious starts to hit out at him and then violently pulls away and turns to a rubbish bin and starts to throw up. I hear Mark drop to the ground and start to cry. I hear chaos all around me ... The sounds of muted yelling and people in shock and a distant sound of an ambulance ... But all I can hear is Mini's darkness in my head mockingly saying "shhhhhhhhhhhhh".