Chapter 3

Infection of Darkness chpt.3

I take a deep breath, and let out all of my fear. I look down at Sam and smile a little. "That was close wasn't it?.." Sam stares up at me with no response. I look back at my bed and see that my Darkness has left completely, I hope he won't be back any time soon. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, I reach into my jean pocket and pull out my phone, I turn it on to see the timer I set earlier has gone off. I always set a timer now for when it's best for me to go to bed, even though one of my famous lines is 'sleep is for the weak!' But in this situation it's the best for me.
I check the time and it reads 7:54 pm.

Time flies when your being scared to death. "Well Sam, it's time for bed." I look down at Sam, he gives me a frustrated stare, "Sam, don't look at me like that. You may not be tired but I'm exhausted." As I finish my sentence I begin to yawn. I get up from my knees and onto my feet, I hold Sam in my left hand and walk towards my wardrobe. I open up the doors and grab my comfy clothes, I grab a baggy shirt and track pants. I walk to my bed and place Sam down onto it, I stand by him and change into my comfy clothes. I chuck my hoodie onto the floor because let's face it I'm not a neat freak.

I walk towards my bathroom and stand in front of the sink, I grab my tooth brush and begin brushing my teeth. I stare down at the sink as I usually do and scrub at my teeth. Eventually I spit out the greenish mint foam into the sink and continue brushing, I take a glance up at the mirror expecting to see my own reflection, but Instead I see something else. A warped muted reflection of myself staring back at me. I look back down, my brain not registering what I have just seen. I pause for a few seconds holding my breath and then look back up at the mirror and with relief, I see my normal self. I stare at my own reflection wondering what the hell I just saw. The longer I stare at my reflection the more uneasy I feel, so I quickly spit out the remaining tooth paste and grab a glass, turn on the tap and rinse my mouth. After a few seconds of swishing the water around my mouth I lower my head down to the sink and spit out the water and look back up at the mirror.

My heart stops ... there's something wrong with my reflection again, this time the image is still me but it has no eyes, just empty black sockets with blood dripping from the bottom eye lid. I slowly raise my head, my reflection does the same, I stare at the grisly reflection while my heart begins to pound faster. I look at the dry blood and the expression on its face ... It's sinister glare terrifies me but at the same I'm feeling very pissed off.  I scream at the mirror "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM MEEEE?!" In anger I throw the glass of water at the mirror and as the water streams down the mirrors surface the ghastly image vanishes.

I see myself again, I see my human eyes back in their place, theres no more blood. No more distortion. No more darkness. Just me. I swallow hard, that image really frightened me. What does it all mean? Why is this happening to me? Is the Darkness trying to tell me something? Is it going to remove my eyes? I don't really want to know, but I know I should be careful. Are All these things I'm experiencing leading up to something? What the hell does this shit mean ....
I rub my hands down my face and go back into my bedroom, I see Sam still in his place, he asks what just happened. "H-huh?" I question. He asks again. "Oh uhhh ... I just s-saw something.. I looked into my reflection while brushing my teeth and l ... I saw myself in the mirror with no eyes .... blood pouring from them.. Far out Sam, I'm really freaking out man".

I walk to the bed towards Sam and sit next to him, I pick him up and put him in front of me. He tries to console me and tells me not to worry and that he is here to protect me. I smile and hug him against my cheek. "Thanks Sam, I can always rely on you... Okay Sam, you ready to try and get some sleep?" Sam nods, he hates going to sleep early but he understands why I need to, which is one of the reasons I love Sam.
"Ok cool!" I scoot backwards towards my pillows and lift up the thick covers, I slide my body underneath and wrap the blanket around me, I hold Sam close to my chin and hug him. I smile and say, "I love ya, Sam". He tells me that he loves me too. I reach out to the lamp near the bed and switch it off. My entire room goes completely black, accept for the soft moonlight peering through my curtains. I stare into the darkness, I feel like he's standing right there, at the foot of my bed but I shake off my thoughts and try not to think about it, I lay my head onto my pillow, and slowly close my eyes and drift off to sleep.  Exhaustion takes over.