Chapter 9

Infection of darkness chpt.9

Again, I wake up in that dark place. I am dreaming yet again. I look around at my surroundings and see nothing but darkness, I look ahead of me and sigh. "Right," I tell myself. "Here we are, in this place again.." I begin to aimlessly walk forward. "Okay Jack, maybe I'm here again for a reason. Maybe this time, whatever happens here I can try to stop it, o-or prevent it somehow when I wake up.." I stop talking as something grabs my attention. As I walk towards it I see glistening metal ... The closer I get to the metal I can see that it's train tracks running along the dark ground. The train tracks seem to go on for miles. Out the corner of my eye I can see something else, I see someone sitting on the tracks. The person is curled up into a ball, their head facing down between their knees and rocking back and forth . I can't see a face. This person is wearing some sort of business suit, its a very dark suit and it almost blends in with the dark ground. This person looks very familiar.. Who do I know that wears a business suit?... Mini!! I walk towards Mini and call out to him, "MINI?" This person that looks like Mini ignores me and continues to rock, mumbling to himself. I kneel down beside him and tug on his shoulder gently trying to grab his attention. "Mini!?" I ask again.
The Mini like figure lifts his head from his knees and looks up, staring ahead of him. I quietly stand up and take a step back. What I thought was Mini slowly stands up onto his feet, as he stands I instantly realise my mistake. This isn't Mini.. Well it's like Mini but a different and darker version of him... It's mini's Darkness.. What stands before me fills my entire body with dread. Mini's Darkness has huge menacing bloodshot eyes, with a piercing orange glow. His jaw is slender and his chin comes to a point. His mouth is wide with a sinister grin. The pale skin on his face is mottled with orange veins lacing down his jaw line, he also has long pointy elf-like ears. As I take another step backwards staring at Mini's Darkness in shock, I see it slowly raise his arm, placing his hand in front of his face with his pointer finger outstretched. He places it to his lips, his eyes growing even larger and simply says, "shhhhhh...."
I stare at him mesmerised but also trying to take in what is happening. Is this another messed up dream?.. Or is this meant to be telling me something.. I snap out of my thoughts and focus back to the image before me. "What do you want!?" I yell at Mini's Darkness. Again he whispers "shhhhhh....." And just glares at me with his large bloodshot eyes and wicked grin. He then slowly turns around and starts to walk away from me. I notice something dangling from his back trouser pocket, its a small metal train hanging from a key chain. The little train is slowly swinging back and forth as he walks, as it swings drops of blood fall from the train to the ground. What the hell does this mean? What's going on?? Thoughts race through my head. I start to walk after him, I have to know more.. I start to pick up my pace and reach my hand out to grab him...

I wake up in a cold sweat. I sit up quickly and look for my phone. "I-I need to warn Mini!" I search through my pockets and pull out my phone, I quickly turn it on and find Mini's number and call. I grab Sam and squeeze him in my hands. I listen waiting for Mini to pick up. "Come on come one come on please!!" I wait for about a minute before hearing an answer.
'Hello?'
I hear Mini's voice, I immediately jolt up from the couch and talk
"Mini! Oh thank God!! Where are you?" I ask, speaking loudly into the phone. I hold Sam close, Sam is asking me a lot of questions but I can't answer them now.
'Where am I?' Mini asks, sounding concerned.
"Yes where are you? I need to know"
'Oh .. well if you really must know I'm heading out to work, I'm catching the train like I always do'.
My heart skips a beat and I feel a huge lump form in my throat. 'Oh no, no!' I think to myself. "Mini stay where you are! DO NOT get on the train!-"
'What? Jack ... What did you say? I-I can't hear you'
I put my phone right up to my mouth and yell into it. "I SAID DON'T GET ON THE TRAIN!"
'Jack?  ... JACK ... Hello?'
"Mini!?-"
'Jack your Brea-  up ... I can't h-...  You'
"Mini please j-just stay there!!"
'I'm sorry jack ... I can't hear a god damn thing ... I'll call you later,'
"Mini no!! Mini!!" I hear the phone disconnect. My heart starts to thump in my chest and I can feel my blood whooshing in my ears. "Oh no no!! Fuck- I have to call the guys!" I dial another number, the first person that pops into my head is Mark.
'Hello?'
"Mark! Listen- I need you to get the other guys and meet me at the train station-"
'What? Why? what's going on?'
"I-I had another dream- it's about Mini!! Mark ... please, call the guys and tell them to meet me there as fast as they can!"
'Fuck! Okay ... I'll do it now!'
"Please hurry Mark!!" I hang up and slide my phone into my pocket. I quickly run into my room and change into clothes, I shove Sam into my pocket and slap my beanie on. I race out the door and flag down a passing taxi, I jump in and tell the driver to take me to the train station and make it fast!!