Chapter 5

Infection of Darkness chpt.5

As we walk down the stairs from the doc's office, the guy in the pale blue hoodie kicks off again with a rant.
"I-I can't wait 3 fucking days man!! I-I just can't!!! Aaahhh!!! I'm not patient! No I'm never patient!! What am I going to do I don't want to be alone again!! Ahahah!!!" He grabs at his head and out of no where he calmly introduces himself to me. "Oh.. And by the way- I'm Delirious!"
Mark, Vanoss, Mini and I just look at each other and say- "O-K..."
"Calm down man! Your not going to be on your own, man. It's obvious we are all going through the same shit- why don't we exchange numbers so if anything happens or we feel freaked out we can contact each other," Vanoss says as he looks at everyone. We all nod in agreement and grab out our phone, Delirious just stares at Vanoss as if he just spoke another language. Mark looks over at Delirious and frowns a little.
"Delirious, uh.. Do you have a phone?-"
"Oh!!! Yeah yeah yeah of course!!!! Let me just-" Delirious reaches into his pocket and in the process of grabbing his phone he flings it out of his hands and onto the floor. Everyone just stares at him, raising their eyebrows. "S-see?!?! I'm freaking the fuck out man, don't yell at me-- I said don't!!" He drops down to his phone and picks it up, he stands back up and looks back at us. I look down at Delirious' phone and notice that his screen is completely shattered which kind of suits his personality. I exchange numbers with the guys and we agree to keep in contact.
As I leave the building, I feel my stomach growl and head off to get food before going home.
I walk into my house with my bag of half eaten food and head into my living room. I jump onto the lounge and pull Sam out of my pocket, I put the food down next to me and hold Sam in my free hand. "What a day bud!" I say as I sigh. "So Sam, I've met some guys today! And it turns out that I'm not the only one seeing the Darkness around me!" Sam nods and says that I told you we were not alone! I sit and finish my food while I think today's events over in my head. As I stare into space deep into  thought, I feel my eyes becoming heavy and my body slouching down onto the lounge. The urge to sleep is overwhelming and I drift off.
I hear a faint strange noise and I open my eyes slowly... As my eyes begin to focus, I realise that I am back in that pitch black place, I'm back here again, I'm dreaming. Im still asleep. The endless darkness surrounds me and I begin to walk forward, not sure what is in store for me. As I walk, I hear that strange noise again, it sounds like something breaking, almost like splintering wood. In front of me I see a flickering light in the distance, I feel compelled to walk towards it, as I get closer I realise that its a house ... a old fashioned style creepy dolls house. It is run down and weathered with smashed windows, rusted gutters and broken shutters. The house's paint is old and starting to peel, this dolls house looks very old just by looking at its conditions. I hear that breaking noise grow stronger as I walk to the front door. I grab the chipped wooden door knob and push open the door slowly, the hinges of the door creek loudly as it opens. I walk in and see a large dinning room in the middle of the house, the furniture is huge and has been placed in a weird position, as if a child had set up this house. The furniture is all chipped and half broken, the legs of the tables and chairs have been snapped off or have been bent like plastic. Everything here is damaged. I turn my head to the stair case before me as I hear very faint laughter and those breaking sounds again, they get louder the closer I get. As I walk up the stairs the steps beneath me creek as if they were about to break underneath my feet, I hold onto the stair rail and make my way up. I get to the top of the stairs and see a door way that is dimly lit, it's the only light on in the house. I slowly walk towards it, as I get closer the breaking sounds and the laughter are louder, whatever is making the sounds is really close. I open the door and see a small corridor, placed randomly along each wall are lots of picture frames of different shapes and sizes. The light in the corridor isn't bright enough to see what's in the frames, so I walk closer to get a better look. I look at the first few frames and see that they look somewhat familiar, I lean in closer and recognise the person in these images. I take one of the frames off of the walls to get a better look ... I can't believe what I am seeing.. It's the guy I met today, Cry.. The guy who stormed of at the appointment! But there's something wrong, really wrong... Cry in the picture is broken and disfigured. His face has been ripped open in two halves like a gruesome wide smile, and between these two gaping pieces is just blackness with two small white glowing dots that look like eyes. The rest of his body is broken pieces of his mannikin shell, that seems to have been ripped off and then crudely stuck back on. What the hells going on? What is this guy doing in my dream? My attention is drawn back to the flickering light at the end of corridor, I slowly approach to see the door at the end of the corridor is slightly ajar. I keep walking slowly as the laughter I heard before continues, I want to turn and run away from this place but I want to know what the hell is going on. I put my hand out carefully and push the door open a little farther so I can pear into the room. As I peer through the gap in the door way the flickering light makes it difficult to make out what is in the room. There seems to be someone standing there, in the middle of the room. As I go to step into the room the figure starts laughing historically, a laugh that sends chills down my spine. I decide to man up and push the door open and enter the room. 'You can do this Jack ... You can do this,' I repeat in my head. Suddenly the light stops flickering and just stays on and is lighting up the whole room. I gasp, as standing in the room before me is a tall, distorted, monstrous mannikin-like creature. It stands there staring at me, it looks just like the guy in the picture frames from down stairs. It has that ripped open face and those glowing dots under its shell, it's broken and crudely repaired body. It lets out another cackling laugh and starts to pull off a piece of its shell like skin from its arm. I cringe as I hear the cracking noise it makes as he pries off his own shell and drops it to the floor, where it lands amongst hundreds of other pieces. I'm frozen on the spot ... I can't move but I can't look away. Even though this thing is demented and messed up there is no mistaking that it looks like a fucked up version of Cry. Is this Cry's Darkness? What is it doing in my dream?
I take a step closer but he doesn't pay attention and keeps breaking off pieces of his arm. I have to know if this is Cry's Darkness so I yell out before properly thinking it through "CRY! CRYYYY!! " As the word leaves my mouth the creatures head jolts up and screams a high pitched manic laugh at me... Before I can take a breath it takes a step back towards the window behind him and throws himself through the window. Glass splinters everywhere and the light starts to flicker again. I race over to the window looking to see where he is ... I look in disbelief ... I can't believe it. He's gone.