05.

Aristaeus.

I spent the entire day just chilling with Rae. She was so happy about it and I personally loved the days that I get to spend with her. I know what I'm doing is to support her, otherwise I would've been stopped doing this. Her head rested on my stomach as she slept peacefully. The only noise heard in my bedroom was the television and her snoring. I played around on my phone doing nothing in particular.

Somehow, someway I found myself in my photo gallery looking at all the pictures I had in my phone. Most of them were of Astraea of course. Others were me trying that selfie shit out. And there were a couple that people sent to me over the course of time of the pictures they've taken of me somewhere.

There was one that really stood out. It was a picture of Nebula. I don't know what in my right mind made me allow her to use my phone. But there she was. Smirking and raising that eyebrow of hers. Everything. She was so beautiful and I know that she knew it. She had to. I tried my best not to look at her that way because I just met her. But everything about her is so right.

Everything with her is so easy. I continued staring at the photo. Just admiring her beauty. My phone rung and her contact picture popped up. It was a picture she took of us. I was looking at my phone not even knowing she was taking the picture as she smirked into the camera. I pressed the answer button and put the phone up to my ear.

"Yeo Sotiria." I say.

She sighed into the phone. "Hey." She says.

"Whats wrong?" I frown.

"Nothing." She says.

"I dont believe that." I say. "But I'll let it go. What you up to?"

"Uh, I was actually just next door getting my hair done and I was wondering if you were home."

"Of course you can come by." I tell her.

"I asked if you're home..." She says.

"Just come over Sotiria, I know you want to." I say.

"I-I'm at the door."

"I'm coming." I placed the phone between my cheek and shoulder and slowly moved Rae off of me careful not to wake her. I slid off the bed, and walked out of the room to the front door. I opened it and she stood there. Phone up to her ear, tears cascading down her face. I ended the call and pulled her to me closing the door.

"What's wrong ma?" I ask grabbing her face and wiping away her tears with my thumbs. She sniffed hard and exhaled slowly trying to get her breathing in order.

"I've just been having a really hard time today." She says. I walked her to my couch and we sat down. I placed my arms around her and continued wiping away her tears.

"Talk to me." I tell her.

"For starters, I've been trying to work on this song for my mom." She starts. "But I can never get to finishing it. And what makes it worse is that, today is the 2year anniversary of her death and I just really wanted it done this time." She pouted as the hot tears fell freely from her eyes.

"Why couldnt you finish the song?" I ask her.

"I get choked up every time I try and it just doesn't work out." She says frustrated. She sighed yet again. "I just miss my moms."

"I know the feeling." I say.

She looked up at me and furrowed her eyebrows.

I nod. "She's still alive." I say to clear things up. "But I did lose her to drugs. She pops Oxycontin pills. It got so bad to the point where I had to leave her house. And live on my own. I cant stand to be around her, I cant stand to look at her. I don't even want my daughter around that. I'm not saying I dont love my mom cause Lord knows I do, I just don't like what her addiction made her become."

Space Jam.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें