01

Nebula Sotiria Blue

I turned over and my eyes fluttered to the clock. Glancing, I seen it was only 7:30. I yawned and closed my eyes snuggling into my bed. Then my eyes popped open as I stared at the clock.

"Shit!" I say throwing the covers off me and jumpping out of bed. "Why the fuck didnt you wake me?!" I spoke outloud to my alarm clock knowing it was set. I was running late. Very late.

I struggled to pull my jeans on. I hopped around my bedroom pulling my socks on then finally found a burgandy cropped tank and threw it on. I struggled for some shoes and when I found them, I tried to put them on as I trotted down the stairs.

"My phone." I huff turning to go back up the stairs. I grabbed my phone and ran all the way back down the stairs.

My roomate and fellow classmate, Ezra was rushing as well. We both grabbed our backpacks and jetted out the house. We made a B-Line for the bus stop and reached it right when the bus pulled up. We quickly paid our fair and sat in the far back together.

She giggled. "I cant keep doing this with you." She says.

I scratched my grown out coils. "I'm trying to chase a dream, Ezra." I tell her.

"Yeah and this dream is causing us to miss out on an education." She yawns before laying her head on my shoulder. I yawned right behind her and sunk down in my seat.

Music and Writing were my life. Thats all I ever did. Either I was trying to publish a book, or record a hit song. There was no inbetween. I was trying everything in my power to live out my dream. If it ment losing precious sleep, then so be it.

We arrived at our stop. We rose and got off the bus before walking a few blocks towards our school. I jogged up the steps and yawned soon as I stepped foot into the gates.

"Hey Lala." A few folks called me by my nickname as we passed them. "Hey Izzy." They spoke calling Ezra by hers as well.

We both wave their way and kept it pushing.  Everyone at our school supported our music. Hell, this school was full of future actresses , Film geeks, gamers, dancers, singers, rappers. Everyone here was some kind of focused on their dream some kind of way.

I approached my locker and waved goodbye to Ezra, who's locker was further down the hall. 5.......15.....20. I pulled the handle of my locker up and I grabbed my books and notebook for my first class. After stuffing them into my bookbag, I closed my locker making sure it was locked. Just as I turned around I bummped straight into a hard chest. Backing up a little I looked up seeing it was my best friend, Makaio.

"Best Friend dont scare me like that." I huff, grabbing my chest. His mug formed into a smile. He quickly wrapped his arms around me for a brotherly hug. The scent of his cologne clogging my nose. He kissed the top of my head and let me go.

"You doing okay this morning Chubbs?" He asked. Makaio called me 'Chubbs' because when I was younger I was a little on the chubby side and he was the only boy that didnt tease me. He and I grew up in the same neighbor hood, around the time my mom got sick, his mother offered to take me in. I stayed with this for about a few years untill I found out that my mother had me emancipated before she passed away because of lung cancer. Leaving me our house, fully paid off; I moved back in my 11th grade year with Ezra who became one of my closest friends. I wanted to live with Makaio, but I cant stand his girlfriend, Reese. That girl drives me insane. She's so loud and needy and it's just not okay.

"Yeaaah." I say yawning in th
e process. He drapped his arm around my shoulder. Kissing my temple, we walked down the hall to meet back up with Ezra who was at her locker.