My Secret

*3 weeks later* (sorry for the time skipL)

Emily’s POV

Is it bad that I still don’t trust anybody? It is times like these that I question myself and start to wonder whether I will ever trust anyone again! I have warmed to Niall but he still doesn’t know my past and I don’t talk still. I like him though, he doesn’t try to push me, punish me or make me do things I don’t want to do. I really should thank him somehow, for all the things he has done and I won’t even talk to him or tell him about myself.

Now you are probably wondering what happened between Louis and I. well it is quite a short story to be fair. He came round one day a couple of weeks ago and explained himself. I now can’t believe that I ran off like that. I was so totally overreacting. He probably thinks I am a drama queen and total idiot. But he doesn’t act any different around me. The boys and I hang out a little. I manage to stay for a couple of hours before I start to get paranoid that something will happen, and then I have to go home. I think I am improving though. I may even tell Niall about myself, in full soon. I am just waiting for the right time. I don’t want him to treat me any differently! I like him the way he is and if he finds out all this stuff about me then he might think of me differently. Worse case he may think I am a slut because I slept with my uncle. And you know what, I probably am! So anyway, I am sat in my room, writing my diary at the moment. Yes I still keep that, it comes in handy sometimes!

*knock knock*

‘Can I come in?’ Niall’s voice comes from behind the door

I got up and went to the door and opened it.

‘I was wondering whether we could talk again today. I really want to help you but if you still don’t want to say anything then we can talk about something else instead.’

I nodded and wrote on my whiteboard ‘ok I think I am ready to tell you but I don’t want you to tell any of the other boys, I won’t ever talk to you again if you do.’

‘Ok I promise’

‘Ok well, where do I start, I have never told anyone this. Urmm. Ok I will start from the beginning. When I was 7 my parents died in a shopping centre. A shooting to be exact, the man didn’t mean to kill them, they were just standing in the way of what he wanted and he happened to have a gun in his hand. So, my uncle Billy and his wife the old hag came and collected me from the hospital and I have lived there ever since.’

‘Ok, but it feels like there is something you aren’t telling me?’ Niall said.

‘yes, they used to make fun of me not talking so they would say something like ‘Emily if you don’t talk then you will have to do the dishes for a week and there will be no more school’ and so when I didn’t talk I had to do the dishes for a week and I haven’t been to school since the age of 14’

‘Oh, I’m sorry’

‘He used to beat me as well. From about 2 or 3 years ago, he came home and he had a bad day at work and I wasn’t helping by not talking. So he just got so angry and he hit me. It only started off as a smack, but as he started hitting me every day, it got worse. So eventually he would come home and punch and kick me because of the bad day at work and my stupidity’

‘Hey you are NOT stupid at all. Don’t let yourself believe him because he is so wrong. And I guess that is why you don’t like to be touched or hugged or anything.’

I nodded

‘Oh Emily I am sorry. I wish there was something I could do about it’

‘Well there is nothing to do’

He just nodded and went to hug me but then stopped himself as I started to back away from him. I feel bad not telling him the whole story but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. he at least knows my background now and he promised not to tell the boys, I really hope he doesn’t because otherwise I am gonna be devastated.

‘Emily…. One more thing… do you think I could tell Liam, because he understands me and whenever I have a problem I go to him and he always helps? We could get help for you, we can get your uncle and his wife in prison and then they will leave you alone and I can keep you safe’ Niall came back in my room, asking me. I sat and thought for a while… if Liam is as good as he says he is then maybe somebody could help me. the only problem is I don’t talk and I defiantly will not talk to a stranger and tell them my past history!

I wrote ‘Niall… I don’t know. I dont really want you to tell Liam because even if you manage to get help for me I wont talk. It took me 3 or 4 weeks to tell you, and I am scared. I need to be able to trust you Niall because right now I don’t and I know that isn’t your fault, but I really do want to’

‘yeah I understand Emily but please let me tell Liam, there might be another way for help, instead of a therapist or the police. Please I cant handle this on my own!’ Niall reasoned

I stayed still for a minute just running things through in my head to make sure that things would work out. If Niall is right and I think he is, we are going to need more than just him. Maybe Liam is a good idea after all.

‘Ok, but if Liam then tells anyone, I am leaving. I will find somewhere to go and leave you behind. And I am NOT joking.’ I finally wrote.

‘Thank you Emily, I will find help for you and I promise Liam will not tell anyone, he isn’t like that’

---------------------------------------

sorry it is so late, i have been really busy and havent had time for the fan fic :(

hope to upload the next bit soon.

keep reading and telling others xx :)