Finding Her

Emily’s pov

I hope Niall got my letter and is writing me one back, I really would like a friend to talk to (no pun intended!) but you know what I mean. I made a copy of the letter and put it in my diary, just in case I wanted to remind myself of what I put. Anyway the old hag and Billy have gone out today! That is the first time in all the time I have been kept here, that they have gone out, other times just one of them goes out to get shopping or Billy goes to ‘work’. I am downstairs working on a song, as I like to write songs in my spare time. But I never get any so I don’t really write songs! It is about lunchtime now so I think I might go get a sandwich or something to eat.

*ding dong*

Omg is that someone at the door? I cant open it, what will I do because I cant speak. I have never been made to open the door before. I crept up to the door and peeped through the hole. Is that….Niall? is that what he looks like when he isn’t on the tele? I decided to open the door to him, I couldn’t hide forever and I really wanted to get out of this prison.

I opened the door:

‘Are you Emily Horan?

I nodded

‘can I come in?’

I nodded again and lead him to my bedroom, because if the old hag and Billy come home then he might be able to hide in time. He sat on my bed. I still didn’t speak, not a sound. There was silence, but it wasn’t awkward.

‘so I guess this is what you call home?’ he asked

I nodded but this place would never be a home to me, always a prison.

‘tell me about yourself’ he said

Oh sugar, I can’t and don’t want to….. I just sat there in silence whilst he was staring at me.

‘ok, I can see your shy, but you can talk to me you know,’ he spoke with a soft voice, that convinced me to tell him why I don’t talk. I got a piece of paper from my diary and wrote down: urmm I don’t talk L

‘Oh, can you not talk or do you choose not to?’

I wrote down: no, I choose not to

‘oh ok, I don’t really know what to say, other than are you happy here?’

I burst into tears. I shook my head violently and when he went to cuddle me, I jumped and scooted away from him.

‘I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.’ Niall said softly. I trust him, just by his voice and the strange feeling that I have met him before.

I wrote: how do I know you? Sorry I cant remember whether I know you or not

‘well I am your cousin, and I am here because I don’t really remember you either and I heard about your parents death and wanted to help. Also my mum said that she hasn’t heard from you since the accident and didn’t know what happened to you, and I just had this awful feeling you were in trouble. I think I am right in thinking that you aren’t safe here?’

I nodded, he was right, I don’t know what would happen to me if I stayed here.

‘well I know you don’t know me but, would you like to come and live with me? you would be safe I promise and I would look after you’

I hesitated in nodding, what if he would do what Billy does to me, in which case I wouldn’t be much better off.

‘ok then, do you want to pack, I will be waiting downstairs’

I nodded and then grabbed my diary and followed him downstairs as I own nothing else and only have one set of clothes.

‘is that all you have? Blimey you really are in need of some help, I am glad I came when I did, lord only knows what would happen if I didn’t!’ whoa I was only just thinking that, maybe I do have something in common with him.

I followed him into his black car, and he drove off. I stayed wide awake in the car, because I didn’t know where we were going and what was going to be waiting for me. I sort of trust Niall, but that doesn’t mean I am going to open up to him straight away, I might never!

We finally arrived, about an hour drive later. It was a massive flat and straight away I knew that he was a rich boy, he doesn’t act it though.

Niall’s pov

OMG, I wasn’t expecting her to be in that much trouble. I wasn’t expecting her to be mute and heaven knows what happens to her when she was back at that house. I really hope she will trust me eventually, but I am pretty sure she won’t want to be living with 4 other boys as well as me. I haven’t told her that yet, but I am going to take her back to my flat and she can stay there for a while before I go back to living with the boys. Maybe I should go see how she is doing, she went up to her room about 20 minutes ago and she hasn’t come down yet. There is nothing really to do in the guest room especially as she didn’t bring anything with her.

I opened the door and she wasn’t in there…. Maybe she is in the en suite bathroom. Yep the door is locked, ‘Emily are you ok in there?’ there was no answer obviously! But I couldn’t hear the shower or the tap running, I wonder what she is doing in there? ‘Emily if you are ok, knock on the door twice, and if you’re not and need help, knock once’

She opened the door, and I saw that she was fine but her sleeves had blood on them. I caught her arm and she flinched. I am guessing she doesn’t like people touching her. I rolled her sleeves up anyway, and I found the scars. There were fresh ones from a couple of minutes ago and really old ones from probably about 5 or 6 years ago.

‘Emily you know you are safe here, nothing will happen to you’ she just looked down. ‘do you want to talk about it, I can get a piece of paper?’

She nodded so I darted downstairs and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and went back upstairs and gave her the stuff.

She started to write…

------------------------------

thanks to those who are still reading, please recommed to others to try and get my readers up, i will try to up date on mondays and thursdays xxx