11

"where the hell do you think you're going? how come you've been ignoring me? what the fuck is going on?" jung kook demanded, pounding his fist onto the wall next to my head. i looked up at him, heart beating rapidly. never had i seen jung kook angry before, and i didn't know if i ever wanted to again.

"i have my reasons. just let me go, mister jeon."

i found it difficult to keep my formality towards him, especially because we had gotten so close before i attempted to cut all ties with him. "cut the shit, jae min! tell me why you've been avoiding me!" he shouted, his face drawing even closer to mine. i could feel tears on the brink of spilling.

"i can't, kookie," i whispered, looking down and away from the boy in front of me. "i just can't. you don't understand."

i could feel his body start to relax and i slid down against the brick wall to the ground. after setting my coffee down next to me, i pulled my knees up to my chest with my arms wrapped around them.

when i glanced back up at jung kook, he was crouched down in front of me. any trace of anger or resentment had disappeared and was replaced with sympathy. he took my freezing hands into his own and brought them up to his lips. "im sorry, noona. i didn't mean to snap like that. it's just-i-i missed you a lot. i was really angry because i thought that i did something to make you avoid me."

"just go."

i couldn't find it in myself to look at him directly in the eyes, but my peripheral vision allowed me to see something change in his expression. "bu-but, jae min noo-"

"go, kookie!"

he looked heartbroken, but obeyed my order and left. as soon as he was out of sight, i grabbed my coffee and stood up. i needed to go to my studio. work away all of my problems.

i just can't put little kookie through that.

•unedited

the explanation for everything will come soon!!