24

I had no idea as to what time it was when I fell asleep, but I did know that when I woke up, the sun was streaming in through my windows. Wait, my room doesn't have windows. I lifted my head up groggily, squinting my eyes against the sunlight. I knew my hair was a mess, but I was too confused to even care. Looking down, I realized I was staring at the black and white keys of a keyboard, the piano kind. I straightened my back out and groaned as it popped loudly. It was a mistake to fall asleep at my composing station. This wasn't the first time I had done so, but it seemed that I hadn't learned my lesson.

I combed my fingers through my hair to get rid of some of the knots and stood up. At least I had finished and submitted my song to my boss. The reason I had fallen asleep in my chair was because I had stayed around to mess around with some functions of the program that I had yet to experiment with.

Pulling my charger out of my phone, I checked the time. All I did when I saw that it was already 5:00pm was groan again. That had to have meant I slept about twelve hours. It made sense since I hadn't set any alarms because there was no need.

For the first time in a long while, my stomach rumbled with hunger. Other than the lack of food, I also felt the lonely type of empty. I opted for calling Joonie. He picked up on the fourth ring and answered brightly. "Hey! Jae Min, what's up?"

"Hey, Joonie. I was wondering if you wanted to go get dinner or something? I just woke up and I'm feeling hungry and lonely. Maybe bring your boyfriend?" I asked quietly, shuffling my sock clad feet on the hard wood floor. "I mean, unless you don't wanna go because I totally understand."

I heard a bit of chuckling from the other end before Nam Joon's voice came back. "I'd love that! I'll ask Jin, but I'm sure he'll say yes. After all, he's a chef and he loves ramen." And so Nam Joon disappeared for a moment or two. I could hear him softly asking Jin, and then came back. "He said he'd love that! I told him about you the other day and he thinks he can give some advice too. He also said he knows a really good ramen place, so if you'd like we can go there!"

I smiled at this. "Sounds fun. Come get me in twenty minutes? I'll text you my studio's address."

"Perfect. Would it be okay if I brought a few other friends to lighten the mood and maybe give their thoughts?"

I agreed. Maybe they could help me feel a bit less lonely and take my mind off of Jung Kook and Joshua.

And so twenty minutes later, I heard a knock on my studio door. In the amount of time it had taken them to get there, I changed into a set of clothes that I kept in a closet in my studio for when I slept there. I also pulled a brush out of a bag in the same closet and dragged it through my messy hair. I decided to pull it up into a ponytail to keep it out of my eyes. Since I was still a bit out of it, I opted to go with just a touch of BB cream for makeup.

I opened the door to see six smiling boys. "Come inside for a minute so all of you can introduce yourselves. It must've been cold out there too." They all chirped their thanks and shuffled in. "Don't worry about your shoes, we'll be leaving in a sec, anyway."

"Oh! This is Kim Seok Jin, my boyfriend I've told you about, Jae Min," Nam Joon started, gesturing to the tall brunette who he had his arm wrapped around. I reached out a hand and he grasped it, shaking firmly.

"Nice to meet you," I said, and he repeated the same.

"I'm Min Yoon Gi, but you can just call me Yoon Gi or Yoongs," said one with prettily bleached blonde hair, fair skin, and slightly down turned eyes that reminded me of a puppies. I shook his hand.

"Hi! I'm Jung Ho Seok! It's nice to meet you. Oh my, you're so pretty," the one standing next to Yoon Gi said, holding out his hand with a huge smile on his face. I mumbled a small, embarrassed thanks and shook his hand.

"Hello, I'm Park Jimin! It's nice to meet you, Choi Jae Min. We have similar names, don't we?" The next one had cute orange hair with a wide smile that made his eyes squint so adorably. I also noted that he looked to be the shortest of all of them. Grinning back, I shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Tae Hyung! Kim Tae Hyung, that is. Nice to meet you!" The last one said, beaming at me with both rows of teeth showing and his eyes almost closed. His dark hair with bits of turquoise, or green it is as hard to tell, fell hardly above his eyes. I shook his hand.

"I'm Choi Jae Min, if you didn't know. I'll try to be a good noona to whoever is younger than me," I said, smiling again. In return they each called out their birth years, and after some debate, it turned out I was a bit younger than Yoon Gi. He wasn't a full year older than me, so I wouldn't call him "oppa". I hated that word, anyway. After asking Jin, we came to the conclusion that it'd be fine for me to call all of them just by their names.

We left the studio and arrived at a restaurant that looked all too familiar. I couldn't complain, though, because it was my favorite restaurant. Maybe the others could help distract me from the fact that it was the restaurant that I had first eaten at with Jung Kook.

•unedited

im sry some filler chapters will b goin on for a bit. anyway, this is my first chapter with over 1k words so far! ALSO THIS HAS 18.6K READS YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING??? LOVE YOU ALL♥︎♥︎♥︎