Chapter 1- The Hogwarts Express

Lily swung her knapsack over her shoulder and clutched her wand in her hand. She was nervous, since she had only attempted a few spells with her wand, with her father's permission, of course. She was nervous that she wouldn't make new friends. She was nervous that she would get placed in Slytherin. And above all, she was nervous that she wouldn't perform well in her classes at school.

She hugged her mother and father in turn and stepped onto the train, glancing back at her parents. She waved goodbye and ventured into the train. She entered a close-to-empty train car. The car had scarlet seats with painted gold handles. Each seat was imprinted with the Hogwarts seal. Lily sat down across from a girl with straight brown hair.

"Hi! My name is Jillian Marsh but you can call me Jilli. What's your name?" The girl said. She smiled and put her hands on her lap.

"My name is Lily. Lily Potter. Is it your first year here? It's mine and I'm so excited. My older brothers James and Albus told me all about it." said Lily, smiling.

"Awesome! It's my first year as well! What I'm looking forward to the most is Quidditch. My parents have had me in broomstick lessons since forever! I've never played Quidditch, so this is going to be a big change for me." Jilli replied. Her eyes gleamed with excitement. Lily nodded.

"Really?" Lily asked. "James is on the Gryffindor house team. He says he's just like my father, Harry, since he got on the team in his first year too." said Lily. "What house do you want to be in?I want to be in Gryffindor, though Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad. What about you?" Lily pushed her ginger hair behind her ears.

"Same. My older sister Olivia is in Gryffindor. She says it's a blast and she likes it a lot. But I secretly think that some of it's because Harry Pott-- wait. Is Harry Potter your--Ahhh!!!" A spider dangled down from above the seat. It was obviously the work of Lily's brother, James, the prankster. James poked his head over the seat and laughed at Jillian's reaction.

"James!" Lily shouted. "How did you ever find us! We're in the second to last car!"

"I have my ways." James snorted. "Plus, I was only helping Rose find you." Then Lily's brother disappeared, heading back to the front of the train where his friends were.

Rose sat down next to Lily, and took out her wand, holding it in her hands.

"I was looking all over for you, but then I found James at the front of the train. He somehow knew where you were and helped me find you. When I got to his train car, all his friends were all like, 'Dude, Quidditch is awesome, Gryffindor is totally awesome' and so on. They just are making other first years jealous." said Rose with a longing look on her face. "Now I really want Gryffindor to see what's in store!" Rose laughed.

"Oh cool! I'm Jillian by the way, but you can call me Jilli." Jilli smiled at Rose. "We were just talking about my sister Olivia, who is in Gryffindor, and how she likes that house because of Harry Po--"Jilli started.

"Harry Potter? That's Lily's dad!" Rose said, pointing to Lily. "He was also my mom and dad's best friend!"

"Seriously? That is so cool! Wait! That means that your parents are Ron and Hermione!Look! There's the food cart. Mmm. Cauldron Cakes, Every Flavor Beans, and of course, Chocolate Frogs! I have a whole collection of the cards! I've got Dumbledore, even Harry Potter! And then about a gazillion more!" Jilli pulled out her sapphire blue drawstring bag that was filled to the brim with coins. "I've been saving up for this day!" Jilli placed her hand over her heart. "And now it's finally here!!" Jilli chose a little bit of everything for the three girls to share.

"Wait. My dad's on a chocolate frog card?" Lily questioned Jilli.

"Yep. It says something like 'was in Gryffindor, defeated Voldemort, etc." Jilli replied.

Rose opened a chocolate frog and read the card. "I got Harry! It says: 'Harry Potter was a seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. In his 7th year at Hogwarts, he defeated Voldemort with help from his fellow friends and teachers." said Rose.

"Do you think we're nearing the castle?" Lily asked. "We should get our robes on."

"Yes. Just after I finish this cake!" Jilli giggled. The threesome got into their robes and stashed their candy in their pockets. Once they were done, the train stopped in front of the very grand Hogwarts Station.