No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 41

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Sorry - Sam." he nodded in correction. "I understand that you want everything in the house including said house." He nodded. "I'm going to need a verification of wages on both parties."

"I make 20.65 an hour. I work as an accountant." I smiled.

"I'll need to ask your workplace for verification, just so it's official." he smiled kindly at me. I sighed and smiled back.

After an hour of talking, I started to think how much this is costing me. "Sam," he said softly, "I will get this for you - your house, everything in it, and if you want, I'll get you everything he owns. You're my only client right now - you have my full attention," he reached across the table and grabbed my hand. I froze.

"Okay," I whispered. Something flashed in his eyes and he released my hand.

"I think we're finished for the day," he said softly. "I'll show you out," he stood from behind his desk and folded up some papers. He was wearing a black suit and white button up, his tie was black as well. He walked from around his desk and held the door for me.

I murmured a thanks, and his hand touched my back slightly. For some reason, it was comforting. I stopped in the hall and turned to look at him. "Who are you?" I whispered.

He looked down at me, "Charlie Robin, divorce attorney, twenty six years old," he said softly. "Anything else you need to know?" He sounded slightly amused. I shook my head and sighed. I walked down the hall and to reception, where little blonde chick was sitting.

"Mr. Robin, I can lead her out for you!" she practically begged. I stared at her, Charlie shook his head.

He opened the door, a heat wave flew into the air conditioned attorney's office. He looked at me and smiled. "Nice out, huh?" he smiled. "Don't look, lawyers aren't supposed to do this stuff in front of clientele" With a smile he lit a cigarette.

I smiled at him, "when is the next time I should be here?" I asked.

"I'll let you know, it won't be long. Maximum of three days. I'll get this thing moving quickly for you." He said and blew out the smoke away from me.

"Thank you," I mumbled and headed off towards my car. It was so faint I wasn't sure if I heard him say: "Bye, Sammy."

I got home, and Kyle was laying on the couch sleeping. It took my willpower to not rub his face, just like I had done every time he fell asleep. I would miss him, but I wouldn't miss his distance. "Kyle," I mumbled and tried to resist but couldn't. I rubbed his face and he nuzzled into my hand. I started to tear up and he slowly blinked his eyes open.

"Hey bab-" he stopped and looked at me, "Baby." he mumbled.

"You can still sleep in the bed," I whispered. He nodded slowly.

"I didn't think you'd want me to," he stared at me.

"Come on," I whispered. He stood up and grabbed me by the waist.

"Mrs. Kyle Reid, I love you. I will forever love you, you were my first love, ever since I drank that slush in chemistry." he mumbled almost incoherently. "I don't want a divorce, please give me a chance to fix this." He whispered and pulled me against him.

"Kyle." I huffed, "Please. Let's not fix anything, let's just try to enjoy the next couple weeks...." I whispered.

"No!" He yelled, "I need you, Sam, we will fix this." I just walked towards the bedroom, and he followed. I flipped the blankets back and slid underneath. Kyle slid in behind me, holding me close. "Kathy doesn't mean anything to me, I've dropped her already." he whispered. "I promise." He kissed my neck.

"Kyle," I whispered. He pulled my face to his and kissed my lips. "I don't want this anymore, you cheated on me. Why?"

"You didn't act like I meant anything anymore, you weren't giving me any signals. I'm a guy, I need more than a hint or two, I need a blinking sign." He mumbled. "I was distant because I didn't even know how you felt about me anymore."

"Stupid baby..." I whispered, "I should have gotten an abortion. This wouldn't be happening" I whispered. He grabbed me and flipped me over.

"No." he hissed, "I wanted to have a child with you. I would have never let you get an abortion."

"Keyword: wanted," I whispered into his soft chest. His breathing stopped.

"I still do," he whispered. "But I know how you feel about this, and I want to make it work. I know that if you're not on board than I can't be either." He whispered.

I woke up to Kyle snuggling my chest. His snores were peaceful. I wondered what my day would entail. Weekends had been the hardest for us. We'd sit in separate rooms and do nothing.

"Good morning, Mrs. Reid." he whispered.

"Kyle, please, we are getting a divorce. I'm not Mrs. Reid."

"Just let me pretend for the next however long, please." he whispered, "Just let's be happy, you know? Do stuff, cuddle, hang out, live."

"I'm not going to have sex with you," I whispered.

"Really?" he looked up at me.

"Kyle, there's reason behind this divorce and I'm not going to let you snag me back into loving you."

"You don't love me anymore?" He questioned.

"No," I whispered and he sucked in a breath.

"Because I cheated on you?" he asked.

"Yes." I felt him shake his head into my shoulder and he started to sob. "Hey," I rubbed his short brown hair. "Everything will be okay."

"I'm so stupid!" He sobbed.

"I know." I whispered back and cried with him.