The day went by in a blur with me occasionally zoning out because of the confusion. I was more than eager to go home and have my head cleared up. My phone read 2:30pm when the bell rang, I waited for everyone in the room to exit before going out myself. The hallway was half-empty now, some freshmen and juniors were still lingering around though. I walked towards my locker and held the handle. So many things happened in a matter of two days. Too many for me to handle, to be honest. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard someone whistling.

"Hello there, Sky." Bob said, he was a tall old man with grey hair and bright eyes. He was one of the school's janitors.

"Hey Bob." I said and he took off his hat and put it back on. He walked past me and turned a corner.

I put some of my books inside the locker and closed it. I turned and walked for the doors until a thought popped in my mind.
Where in the world are my friends?

My question was answered when a classroom door suddenly flew open and there stood Nick. He gestured for me to come in, I hesitated at first but eventually came in when I heard Bob's whistling. The classroom wasn't empty of course, all of my friends were there. I stood still in front of the door and crossed my arms in front of my chest. I narrowed my eyes at Nick, who was perched on the side of an armchair. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Uh, sorry?" He said, unsure, and anger boiled inside of me. I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth and took heavy breaths to calm myself. When I relaxed, I opened my eyes and looked straight at Nick.

"Sorry? That's it?" I asked him, venom dripping from my every word.

"That's it? I saved your life from an Alpha that wanted to kill you! At least have some decency to say thank you." He whisper-yelled.

"Okay then," I said and he looked taken aback, "Thanks a lot Nick." I said and pursed my lips into a thin line.

"Well, you're-" He started but I cut him off.

"Did you actually think I was sincere?" I asked him rhetorically and Jason coughed, probably hiding his laughter. Nick frowned at me.

"Please explain to me now what happened back there." I pleaded and leaned my back against the door, pinching the bridge of my nose. I squeezed my eyelids shut to lessen the throbbing on my temples.

"That was Alpha Mason from the Silver Blood pack, his Dad and mine were acquaintances and his pack moved to an unclaimed territory in the neighboring town. Some of the werewolves in his pack now study in our school-" He explained but Luke chimed in.

"Fun fact: Mr O'Donnell a.k.a. the Principal is in our pack. Anyway, go on." I opened my eyes, he smiled and nodded at Nick, who then rolled his eyes in response.

"As I was saying, his pack moved and they wanted to be allies with us. Usually we would turn their proposal down, not to brag but our warriors and trackers are outstanding and I really didn't know what kind of Alpha he was." He stood up to his full height and walked a few steps towards me. "My dad trusted Mason's father though. I haven't talked to him fully about it, but I think they knew each other in the past. Fortunately, Mason found his mate and she's one of ours. The girl that-"

"I bumped into." I finished his sentence and he nodded, sitting again on a desk closer to me.

"But why did he want to hurt me? Why did you tell him that I was your mate?" I looked at him and tried to show no emotion. It was clear, though, from my voice how confused I was.

"Jason forgot to tell you that mates are extremely protective of each other, but more so the males. If you were informed about our world earlier, you'd know that the growl Mason made was a warning. It meant that he sees you as a threat since you were literally in between them. He's also an Alpha so that doubles the protectiveness." He explained further, effectively answering most of my questions.