•14

[Steve] 1943

{a/n: again, I don't know the exact lines people. take it easy on me}

"GRENADE!" Someone talked, while my fellow companions jumped off the fake grenade.

What was right, was right: I had to take chances and jump on it. No matter if it blew up.

My limp arms hugged the small ball tightly and I curled myself into one as well on the dusty floor.

It was all silent for a few moments, I waited for it to blow up.

My eyes opened from their shut position and I realized it was all a-

"Is this a test?" I breathed heavily while propping myself on my elbows.

Colonel Phillips just turned around and began with an old guy that wore glasses.

The woman who had introduced herself as Agent Carter, was gasping herself and gazed at me in a perplexed manner.

Something was up with Colonel Phillips and that old guy, something that I assumed had to to with me. All those two did was talk, Phillips shaking his head and the glasses guy pressing him on about something.

I hope it's not about cutting me out from the military, I hoped with all my heart.

-

Later that night in the bunks, I was introduced to Dr. Abraham Erskine. Everything seemed to go along just well when we talked, until he got to the subject of Johann Schmidt. He compared me, in a good way, to the man and told me that I was capable of something. Something I had no idea was in store for me.

He left.

I retrieved the most recent letter from the only friend that actually had time to write me one: Logan.

Guessing from all the ones that she had sent me in the past, everything is not going as smooth as I hoped it would.

I read it, once, twice, then gripped my blonde head tightly while a blow of breath escaped my lips.

The phrase that Dr. Erskine had said repeated inside my head: not a perfect soldier, but a good man.

I think that is who I want to be from now on.

That night I slept on the thoughts of what could that project that I'm soon going to be part of, might be.

They might also have included a certain girl with the bluest eyes, and a Howling Commando.