The Last Time [2]

The last time.

M&A

---

There are always choices in our life, we are living in the world with choosing what's the best for us is inevitable. But what if what we chose wasn't the best thing in the world?

The perfect word is

Regret.

That one word remind Alden of what he did in their relationship.

Maine and Alden took separate ways after their break up. No one tried to reach one another; both are firmed with their decisions. Neither of them let the flag down for the sake of their relationship.

Maybe their pride and anger were bigger than the love they invested.

Until one day, as if an angel came to show on Alden and their memories flashed in his mind. Rewinding all their hardship as a couple, their happy memories with each other, all the problems they've surpassed, and in spite of the world against them they still fight for each other. Not until now, that both of them surrendered.

He suddenly longed for Maine. He suddenly wants to hug her tight, to feel her warm lips against his, to feel her warmth whenever their body touches.

He misses her so damned much that it hurts. The throbbing pain in his heart was about to burst. He needed to fix his broken heart. He needed her to fill the hole in his heart.
The heavy feeling he kept from everyone were becoming unbearable.

How would he able to gather the broken pieces of his heart when the one who made it broken, were the only one who can mend it back?

Alden found himself in front of Maine's house.

--

Alden POV

I find myself at your door,
Just like all those times before,
I'm not sure how I got there,
All roads-they lead me here.

I didn't bother to knock and I quickly invite myself in her apartment. I'm glad she still didn't change the password which is our anniversary.

07.16.2015.A.M

Darkness welcomed me, none of the lights were open. I roamed my eyes and I was surprised, the entire room was a messed.

Bags of junk foods were scattered on the floor, her favorite foods and can of soda's were everywhere.

As far as I remember she was very tidy and clean freak. When did she become like this? She doesn't like to have dirty surroundings. Another pang hit me in the heart.

I walked into her room and saw the person I've been missing for weeks now. The longing in me heightened when I saw her lying in bed, her back facing me.

I imagine you are home,

In your room, all alone,
And you open your eyes into mine,
And everything feels better,

I slowly widened the door and the sound of the creaking door resonated the entire room. I slowly approach her and saw her dried tears stain on her cheeks. I could envisioned how miserable she was because of me.

Another guilt came into me again. I knelt down facing her, the bedside table was on my right.
Her hair almost covered her face, I carefully removed those tangles that cover her face. I found myself cupped her face.