Alden[4]

[4]

------ Continuation of chapter 3

(Before the break up)

Alden called her to meet this evening and Maine have been paranoid on how to tell the news to Alden. She was anxious on how would Alden react once she drop the bomb, she knows that Alden wanted to settle down with her but she wasn't ready before, not until she found out that she was pregnant now. Of course she felt happy that there's someone growing inside her but she still felt a little scared knowing that they are not in good terms. Different emotions occupy her.

They were standing face to face with each other, Alden look so troubled while she was looking at him nervously. She was ready to tell him everything, she was ready to be with him, and she was ready to fix whatever problems they had.

And when she was ready to give everything, Alden just decided to break it up with her.

She was astounded of Alden's words. So this break up was the reason of their meeting, she thought.

Her heart constricted in unexplainable pain as Alden slowly spoke to her and ended up the things between them. 

Her throat became dry as she digest everything he said. The burning feeling in her heart is beyond explainable, she didn't know this kind of pain exist. She just wanted to throw the throbbing pain she felt in her chest. 

She was looking at him with so many questions filled her eyes, and still suppressing the impending tears that threatening in her eyes. Her heart was pounding painfully in her ribcage and it felt like it was about to burst from the hard blow. 

She couldn't utter a word.

What would she do now?

Alden kept on talking and she didn't know what was he saying, his lips were moving without  sound because things were running through her mind and she couldn't decipher his words.

All she knew was he was giving up. Maine knew this day would come; Alden would be tired on her and would give up. 

She wanted to tell Alden about her pregnancy but he was breaking up with her.

If he wanted space, she needed to give him the space he wanted.

The freedom he wanted.

She loves him.

Yes.

Maybe she was afraid of what would be his answer.

Or

Maybe she still wasn't ready after everything.

or maybe she was scared of

Rejection. 

------------------------------------

ALDEN

I shouldn't have walked away
I would've stayed if you'd say
We could've made everything okay, but we just
Threw the blame back and forth, we treated love like a sport
The final blow hit so low, I'm still on the ground

When I left I wanted her to chase after me, I wanted her to woo me like the things I've done for her. I know what I'm doing wasn't right, but I just wanted to feel her love. It's been a long time since she made an effort to make me happy because these days we've been always fighting. I just felt tired of everything, of us. I've been wanting to settle down with her but she kept rejecting me because of her reason that she wasn't ready, and I was cool with it and would wait for her.