OVER AGAIN - Chapter 5

They walked side by side.

Liam kept looking at their hands.

They should be together, he thought.

He attempted to get her hand in his but he gave up.

Aurora saw this and intertwined their fingers.

Liam blushed.

She did too.

Well, that's a start.

They soon arrived at a carnival and Aurora shrieked in happiness.

"A carnival, of course!" She yelped and dragged Liam inside.

There were many people because of the Christmas season but that didn't stop them from going on rides.

Liam remembered this place, Aurora didn't.

This is where he asked Aurora to be his girlfriend. Right on top of the ferris wheel. Overlooking the whole city and their little home by the side if the woods.

Liam caught himself trying to look at Aurora's genuinely happy face every now and then, trying to savor the moment.

He pretended that they're still together. He pretended that they were still going to get married.

He pretended that he still loved her.

It hurt like hell.

"You really know me well don't you Li" Aurora smiled through the big cloud of cotton candy in her hands as they walked around the place.

"Of course I do." Liam answered simply. "I want to make you happy always. I want the best for you" Liam continued subconsciously.

Aurora smiled and kissed Liam's cheek. "Thank you. I know I may not be in love with you now as I was before but I don't see why I can't bee soon enough" She smiled.

Liam smiled.

"Let's go on that one!" Aurora immediately said as she took Liam's hand in hers again and proceeded to line up by the ferris wheel.

Soon, they were on the ferris wheel and it started moving slowly. Just like before.

He remembered again.

Flashback

"I really love it up here" Aurora said and Liam agreed.

"These lights are pretty." Liam said. "But not as pretty as you" he continued.

Aurora blushed and looked away.

"The lights make your eyes look more like the stars" Liam complimented again and Aurora laughed.

"Stop making me blush! Let's just enjoy this moment" She said.

Liam got the silver chain in his pocket and that's when he asked her to be his.

"LIAM I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE!" Aurora smiled and Liam played along.

"The lights make your eyes look like stars" Liam said and Aurora blushed.

"Stop it" she smiled.

There was silence. A nice, relaxing silence. As if it was a closure that they were both comfortable with each other no matter what happens or what situation they're in.

They reached the top.

Aurora let out a long sigh.

"Liam"

Liam looked at her.

"I-im willing to make this work. I see that you really love me and I know that I really loved you too. I want that back, but nothing's easy. I want to bring back what we had or make it even better." Aurora said. Liam couldn't believe his ears.

"Let's do everything over again" she continued.

"Im willing to go back from the start with you. As long as its with you." She said.

Liam caressed her cheek.

"We'll do it over again.." Liam said.

"Promise me something" Aurora said.

"What is it?" Liam asked.

"Don't give up on me" Aurora said with tears in her eyes.

"I would never. I never have for the past 2 years." Liam answered with his hands on hers.

Liam was willing to do anything,

even to start over again,

Just to get the girl that he loves, fall for him again.