OVER AGAIN: Chapter 2

December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Aurora woke up and did the same things she's been doing everyday for the past 2 years. She just doesn't remember.

She walked out and went to Liam who was already expecting and waiting for her. Always, for the past 2 years.

He did his daily routine, never getting tired of reminding Aurora who they were and who she was. He smiled all the time, the joy he felt never faltering.

"And today is our 5 year anniversary," Liam added. Aurora smiled at Liam - a genuine smile anyone couldn't miss. Liam felt his heart flutter at her happiness.

"I wish I could remember, Liam. I really do. But I'm sure you love me so much and I love you even more," Aurora said.

"Can you tell me... how everything happened? Can you tell me the story of our lives?" Aurora asked and Liam was shocked. She never asked this before. It was usually the same things everyday.

It made him happy.

"Okay, when we were 18, you had a bad breakup. You almost tried to kill yourself, Aurora. But I was there to help you. You helped me too, you made me happy. We were classmates in most of our subjects which made us close, somehow," Liam said and Aurora nodded, pushing him to tell her more.

"When you turned 18, I courted you. You said yes. I was the happiest man on earth," Liam continued smiling and said, "We stayed strong, Aurora. You made me happy."

"At 21, I asked you to marry me. That was on December 24. You said yes. I felt like I could fly, I was so happy. Months later though, you got into a car crash which caused you to have this condition," Liam explained sadly. Aurora was looking at Liam with sadness. It all felt too unreal. She couldn't even remember a thing yet she felt this sadness for this man that apparently, was her fiancée.

"What date is it today?" Aurora asked.

"Its December 24, 2015," Liam smiled.

"Happy Anniversary, then," Aurora replied.

Liam and Aurora spent the whole day together, doing whatever they could do before she got tired and went to sleep again.

They baked, they played, they sang, and danced around. Liam tried helping Aurora remember things, while he showed her her family and basically anything Aurora wanted to do.

At 11pm, Aurora started yawning and her eyes started to close.

"Let's get you to sleep, darling," Liam smiled and Aurora shook her head, "You have to rest, I'll come with you," Liam said but Aurora didn't want to sleep yet.

"Liam please I don't want to sleep. I had so much fun with you. I never want to sleep again," Aurora said stubbornly and Liam laughed at her stubbornness.

"There's nothing wrong with resting for a while, darling. Don't be like that c'mon now," Liam said, putting his arms around Aurora as they walked to her bed.

"I'm afraid, Liam. I don't want to sleep," Aurora said.

"Don't be afraid of the dark. I'll be here till you fall asleep," Liam said.

"I'm not afraid of that. I'm afraid that when I wake up, I won't remember anything again. I won't remember you," Aurora said.

Liam noticed that the snow outside started falling. Liam pushed back what Aurora said, not wanting her to think of that.

"Look outside, Aurora," Liam said and she did. She smiled in glee and seemed to forget all her troubles. Liam kissed her forehead and whispered, "I wish you remembered again. Anything, anything at all."

"I wish I remembered the past," Aurora wished too.

Liam and Aurora should've been more specific.