A Slight Bit of Tension

Pyrrha's POV

I walked hastily out of Professor Port's class. I just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible so I could avoid people. "Pyrrha! Slow down will you," Jaune called from behind. I ignored him and kept walking. "PYRRHA! SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!" I groaned and stopped, turning around while crossing my arms. Jaune ran towards me and just stood there, catching his breath. I wasn't particularly interested in talking.

I waited reluctantly for him to say something before I walked off again. "What is going...on," he slightly panted. I rolled my eyes and remained silent.

"You really don't see it do you," I snapped. He looked confused.

"What are you talking about?! Don't see what," he exclaimed in question. I let out an exaggerated groan.

"You're so blind! Can't you see that I want some space," I shouted in his face. It finally hit him like a ton of bricks. He had become clingy lately and I wasn't particularly enjoying it. Before he could say anything, I walked off without looking back. I just needed to be left alone right now. I feel like I'm suffocating in a wide open space. When I was far enough away from Jaune as well as everyone else, I leaned against a wall, closing my eyes and trying to calm down.

"Pyrrha? You okay," her voice said. I jumped slightly from being startled. I found Blake and Yang standing there, looking at me.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Why," I asked as I tried to conceal my raging emotions. Yang didn't seem to believe me. Her eyebrow arched in a questioning manner. I let out a sigh, knowing that I can't hide anything from either of them.

"It's something to do with Jaune, isn't it," Yang asked. I nodded slowly. The two of them walked over to where I stood. "What's happened?"

"He's gotten...clingy," I said.

"That's putting it lightly," Blake added. Yang elbowed her girlfriend in her side from being so blunt. "What? It's true though. I'm not the only one that's noticed." Yang rolled her eyes, admitting the truth.

"He's never been like this. I just don't understand why he's changed all of a sudden," I confessed solemnly. Blake and Yang looked at each other with the same look; concern. I don't know what to do anymore.

"Pyrrha, do you need one of us to talk to him to see what's really going on with him," Blake asked. I looked at her, surprised a bit by her question.

"I don't know," I said as I met the wall again with my back. I slid down until I had my knees hugging my chest with my arms wrapped around them. I was one of the strong ones in our group and look at me now; sitting on the ground on the verge of tears with my friends standing before me as they have no idea what to do to help me. "I don't know what to do...anymore." The first tear fell, gliding down my cheek. Blake immediately came to my side and held me in her arms like I did with her not too long ago.

"You'll figure something out Pyrrha. You always do," Yang tried to encourage. I looked up at her with a faint smile as I wiped away my tears. She's always the one trying to uplift things.

***

Jaune's POV

I don't understand why she's mad at me. I just want to be with her. What's wrong with that? I sighed and walked off towards the dorm. Maybe she will be there so we can talk things through. As I was walking, I saw from the corner of my eye three people I knew very well. Yang and Blake were with Pyrrha. I wanted to stop and walk over to them but I had a feeling she would push me away again. I put my hands in my pockets and just walked away, acting like I didn't see them. My head was swarming with thoughts, causing me to overthink things. It didn't take long for a headache to start. "What am I doing wrong," I mumbled to myself.

***

Yang's POV

Blake held my hand with her soft smile coating her lips as we walked across the courtyard. Then something caught her interest. "Blake, what is it," I asked as I looked at her with a puzzling expression.

She didn't give me an answer, well a verbal one anyway. She pulled me in one direction, not telling me where we were going. I was surprised when Blake dragged me over to one of the buildings. However, I figured out why on my own. "Pyrrha? You okay," she asked our friend. Pyrrha was startled at first but looked at us in the end. She seemed a little "jumpy".

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Why," Pyrrha responded, hiding her emotions behind her voice. Blake caught on to it too. I arched my eyebrow as I questioned her answer in my head. A sigh escaped her lips.

"It's something to do with Jaune, isn't it," I asked. Pyrrha slightly nodded in response. Blake and I walked over to where our friend stood. "What's happened?"

She took a moment before answering. "He's gotten...clingy." In my head, I was saying to myself that I already knew that. It's quite obvious with how clingy Jaune has become with Pyrrha, which I have to say isn't like him.

"That's putting it lightly," Blake stated with a straight face. I elbowed her in the side. Did she have to be so blunt about it? "What? It's true though. I'm not the only that's noticed. I rolled my eyes from her bluntness but she was right. Practically everyone has taken notice.

Pyrrha was getting affected by this whole situation. "He's never been like this. I don't understand why he's changed all of a sudden," she spoke solemnly. It was like she was giving up. Blake and I looked at each other with concern.

Blake spoke up to break the silence. "Pyrrha, do you want one of us to talk to him to see what's really going on with him," my girlfriend asked. Pyrrha seemed to be taken by surprise by Blake's question.

"I don't know," our friend said as she backed up until she met the wall, sliding down it to have her knees hugging her chest and arms wrapped around them. This wasn't like her. "I don't know what to do...anymore." Blake saw a tear slowly traveling down her cheek. Her hand let go of mine and she rushed over to Pyrrha's side, taking her in her arms as she tried to comfort her.

I've never really seen her like this. Maybe Blake has since she and Pyrrha hang out more than I do with her. "You'll figure something out Pyrrha. You always do," I said in an attempt to be uplifting. She looked up at me and gave me a soft smile in appreciation.