Hiding in Plain Sight

Blake's POV

Every day was a bit of a struggle. It wasn't just for Yang and I. It was also for Jaune and Pyrrha. No one knows about us. The one person who wasn't helping the situation much was Weiss. She's always so suspicious and sometimes a bit nosy. She began watching the four of us closely. Ruby, Nora, and Ren haven't really taken any notice.

It's gone from days to weeks to months now. The Vytal Festival wasn't too far away now. Of course, Weiss wants to walk down the docks. I groaned internally. As we walked through downtown Vale, I kept my arms crossed. "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks," Yang asked with a slight hint of irritation. She wasn't the only one.

"Ugh they smell like fish," Ruby added while pinching her nose. The smell of fish didn't bother me. I loved it actually. With Weiss still facing the docks and her back to us, she started talking.

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today," she said as she turned around. "And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it's my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." I knew her sneaky little plan from the start.

I turned towards Yang slightly. "She wants to spy on them so she will have the upper hand in the tournament," I said.

Weiss turned around, crossing her arms. "Huh, you can't prove that," she scoffed. That was when Ruby noticed the excessive amount of police tape and broken windows to a dust shop just down the street. The four of us walked over to see what was going on.

"What happened here," our leader asked one of the policemen.

The one writing things down on a pad looked up to answer her question. "Robbery, second dust shop hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle," he said as he walked away. He started to talk with his partner.

"They left all the money again," his partner complained. That caught Ruby's attention.

"Yeah, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?" His partner said something else. "You thinking, uh, the White Fang?" The policeman slightly waved his gun in the air in a circular motion.

"Yeah, I'm thinking that we don't get paid enough." That's when Weiss pitched in once the officers finished their conversation.

"Hmph, the White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates," she said with a hint of attitude. That really annoyed me. Yang probably noticed.

"What's your problem," I asked bluntly.

"My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane," she said.

"The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus."

"Misguided? They want to wipe humanity off the face of the planet," Weiss scoffed.

"So they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale."

"Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago. Maybe it was him," Ruby spoke up.

"That still doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum. Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal," the heiress stated with irritation. My blood was beginning to boil with anger.

"That's not necessarily true," Yang added. That's when we heard someone shouting to stop a Faunus. The four of us ran over to the docks again to see what was going on. That's when a monkey Faunus boy jumped off the rail of the ship and landing on the dock.