A Bump in the Road

Pyrrha's POV

I curled up into a ball as I remained under the covers. Everyone else was getting ready to head to class but I couldn't. Jaune walked over and sat down on my bed. "You feeling okay," he asked, sounding concerned and rubbed my back slightly. Was I feeling okay? No, I felt like shit. I shook my head to answer his question. Ren and Nora looked over towards us, concern written on their faces. What's going on with me? Jaune kissed my forehead gently and brushed some of my hair behind my ear. "I'll get your assignments along with our friends. You stay here and rest." I didn't argue with that. The rest of my team left the room and headed off to their classes. It was quiet and it was somewhat soothing.

A jolt of pain surged through my body, causing my grip around my stomach to tighten. 'Think Pyrrha. What have you done recently?' I was thinking about everything that I've done recently. Maybe I picked something up from another student.

I pushed myself up so I could sit up. I hugged my knees to my chest as I ran my fingers through my hair. Sweat was building up on my forehead. I sighed solemnly. I was startled slightly when someone was knocking on the door. I gradually got out of bed and walked over to the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see her standing there. "Blake? What are you doing here," I asked. I was confused.

"Can I come in," she asked softly. I nodded and stood to the side as she walked in. I shut the door again and faced my friend. Something was off about her.

"Is everything okay," I asked. Her hand wrapped itself around her other arm as she slightly looked to the ground. I walked over to her and we both sat down on my bed. "Blake, you can tell me anything."

She looked over at me, tears slowly pooling in her eyes. "It's Yang," she softly cried. "She's acting...different around me." I knew that wasn't like Yang to do something like that. She loved Blake with every bit of her heart. Why would she start acting different towards her girlfriend?

"When did this all start," I asked cautiously. Whatever was going on was making Blake appear to be sick. Her hand went up to her eyes and wiped away the tears before they began falling.

She let out a shaky breath before answering me. "About a month ago. It started with little things but now it's noticeable. I don't know if I did something wrong," she said, on the verge of tears. I took her in my arms as she began to cry. She loved Yang more than anything in the world. Having this going on is basically killing her slowly. "I just want things back to how they were before." As I held her, another surge of pain shot through my body. I tried to ignore it but didn't work out so well. I loosened my grip around Blake and I tried not to keel over from the pain.

She looked at me with fear raging in her eyes. I knew she was going to ask me if I was okay, which I wasn't. "I'm fine, really," I said through the pain. Blake saw right through that little lie.

"No you're not Pyrrha. What's wrong," she asked, forgetting about her problems and focusing on mine.

"To be honest with you, I don't know. I was like this a bit last night before falling asleep and it just got worse throughout the night," I said. I clenched my jaw as the pain intensified. Finally it began to subside, just enough for me to breathe. I felt like I had no energy left in me. Blake placed a hand on my forehead, quickly drawing in back.

"You're burning up. Can you think of anything that might have caused this?"

"Not really. I could've caught something from another student," I said. All I know is that I'm sick with something.

We sat there silently for several minutes before she spoke up again. "Do you want me to stay just in case something happens? I know Jaune wouldn't want to come back to see you hurt or something."