"You are both children and I hate it," Natalie muttered, driving a hand through her hair as she sighed. She was really hoping that they wouldn't have to be there along for that long, or if they were, those two would learn to behave. 

Bonnie frowned as she stopped in front of a white car surrounded by a few more. She didn't really know what it was, but she had a weird feeling about it. "There's something weird about these cars."

While the former witch couldn't put her finger to it, Damon could, seeing as he had a bit more experience with that exact thing, and the age of it. "Yeah, they're all 20 years old or more and yet they look brand new."

Natalie frowned, but she decided that it didn't have to be that important. Maybe a vintage car loving person moved to town without them noticing. She turned around, only to be hit with a weirder sight. "Okay, I'm pretty sure that I burnt that house down."

Her two friends turned to figure out what she was talking about, only to be hit with the sight of the old Gilbert house, that was burnt down while Natalie and Elena had a shared mental breakdown. Good times, good times. 

The lawn was filled with toys that definitely wasn't there when they last saw the house. They weren't the kinds of toys Damon liked either, they were more the kind that a three-year-old would play with. 

Luckily, there was something for the adults there as well, finding it to be a newspaper, Damon picked it up. His eyebrows furrowed as if something was wrong. As he looked up at his female companions, they looked at him with questioning looks. 

He held it up in front of Natalie, waiting for her to read the very shocking thing. "Rare solar eclipse expected to be seen across 12 states? Yeah, I guess that's fairly interesting if you don't think about the fact that I don't care."

He couldn't supress the urge to roll his eyes. "The date."

"May 10th 19- 1994," she stuttered, her eyes widening. She was really hoping that someone had just let the newpaper out there for. "No, that can't be right. In May 1994 I wasn't even two years old yet. This isn't... this can't be... no."

Right after Natalie finished speaking, the sky darkened. The light blue was replaced by its darker twin as the rare solar eclipse expected to be seen across 12 states blotted out the sun, the exact thing the newspaper said. 

"I don't think we should be asking where we are, I think we should be asking when we are."

"Well, we know that," Natalie responded to Damon, only for him to raise his eyebrows in question. She rolled her eyes at him forgetting so quickly. "May 10th 1994, duh."

▹▹▹

The Gilbert House

While they had no idea what to do next, Natalie and Damon placed themselves on the porch swing as Bonnie sat on the steps, smiling at all the familiar toys on the ground. Damon and Natalie were just having a silent fight about whether or not they were going to swing with the porch swing, of course, Damon just started swinging anyway. 

"Where is any booze in this empty retroville?" he then asked, not being able to survive 24 hours without any kind of liquid involving alcohol. At times, Natalie was worried he would one day just down a keg of pure alcohol. 

Both the brunette girls ignored him as Bonnie toyed with a toy car that had been next to her. She remembered Caroline trying to steal it from her to put her Barbie in it. "It feels so weird to be back here, I practically grew up on this porch."

Natalie looked down at her hands as she remembered that unlike Bonnie, she didn't grow up with people like her siblings and best friends. "Okay, so could you please walk me through this whole thing that's happening right now?"