Bring It On

CHAPTER 2: BRING IT ON

The Road

In the darkness, the figure of a girl, perhaps a woman, was seen, although her face and clothing were covered by the dark. But as she took another step out into the middle of the road, the features of a girl with no humanity was visible. The features of Natalie Saltzman.

She glanced around and scanned her surroundings and for a moment, she was completely still as she used her enhanced vampire hearing to find what she wanted. Slowly, she lowered herself on the ground as she spread her arms out, her gaze solely on the sky.

Lights started coming towards her, but she didn't even move a muscle, other than her blinking once as the car attached to the headlights drove closer, and only noticed her presence when it was close enough to almost hit her.

The car stopped quickly as a woman ran out, seeming panicked at finding an 18-year-old in the middle of the road. "Are you all right? Was there an accident? Where are you hurt? Are you in pain?" she asked, leaning over the vampire, who didn't respond as she kept staring at the sky. "I have a blanket in my car. Try not to move. I'll call for help."

The woman ran up to her car and opened her trunk, grabbing the blanket she was talking about. But when she turned around, Natalie was no long in the same position. Instead, she was standing right in front of her. "What are you doing?"

Natalie tilted her head as a smirk slowly graced her face. "You want to know how I feel? I feel hungry." And then she felt the now familiar feeling of veins appearing under her eyes as she felt two of her teeth grow into fangs, and she hissed and buried them in the woman's throat.

She felt the blood go down her throat, and unfortunately, her heightened senses was able to feel something else, or rather someone else, as they walked up behind her. "That's enough," Damon told her, but she didn't listen so he grabbed her arm and turned around harshly, glad that it wouldn't hurt anymore at least. "I said that's enough. We've been looking for you for days and the first time I see you you're trying to kill someone."

"Ah, well. A girl's gotta feed." the brunette vampire smirked, holding onto the woman's head neck tightly so she didn't have to drink blood that was from someone who fell on the ground and got dirty.

"If you leave a trail of bodies, people are gonna start asking questions." the elder vampire reminded his currently not feeling best friend sternly, making her simply roll her eyes at his attempt to control her feeding.

"I don't care." she responded, and her fangs grew once again as she turned around, burying her fangs in the woman's neck, bringing her closer and closer to death. But she truly didn't care. She was just hungry and when she was hungry she was murderous.

"You have no control at all," he sighed before grabbing her arm again, not noticing that Natalie still had a grip on the woman's neck. "I can't believe you're making me say this. Hey, show a little restraint."

"How's this for restraint?" she smirked before using her vampire strength to quickly snap the woman's neck with one hand, not even seeming to care about killing someone again. She dropped her latest victim so she could fall to the ground before lifting her hand up to her face and wiping some blood away before licking it off her finger. "Hm, delicious."

And before Damon could grab her, she sped away.

▹▹▹

Somewhere

Damon wasn't able to try to follow her around all day. They had another humanityless vampire to worry about, even if just the thought of the girl that manipulated her emotions off made her want to puke.