Total Eclipse of the Heart

Start from the beginning

She could hear Stefan snicker from the other side of the call, but decided to quickly keep his serious facade up, so he could tell them what he planned to. "Let's just say it involves Enzo."

"Ugh, ew," Natalie basically groaned the words out.

"Then maybe we should meet in person. Actually, Caroline's dragging us to this Whitmore thing for lonely hearts," Elena's voice was heard saying, sounding more like Natalie remembered her speaking when she was actually dating Stefan. She didn't like it.

And so she sent Elena a passive-aggressive look as she started speaking over her.  "Yeah, I need a way to keep all those lonely hearts from hitting on me. What better way than to have my boyfriend come."

He did not seem so onboard with the idea as he heard the strained tone of voice his girlfriend had and understood that she was most likely kind of pissed deep down. "I'm sure you can handle yourself. And, besides,  I already did the college thing. Twice actually."

Elena did not seem to get the idea of Natalie getting really annoyed at how she seemed to be getting dangerously close to flirting with Stefan.  "Please. If it's bad, then I'll owe you a fun time."

Natalie rolled her eyes before sending Caroline an incredulous look, only to find the blonde raising her hands in surrender. 

▹▹▹

The Bitter Ball

Natalie had ended up getting to the dance a bit late as she still had a paper to finish, and she had totally forgotten about it. But when she finally finished, she quickly threw a black dress on her body, leaving her newly cut curls stay as they were, which was kinda messy. 

But she had hoped to find Caroline and Elena as quickly as possible, but it wasn't hard to notice the flash of blonde hair through the crowd of black clothes, and she looked over to where that head of hair was going, and saw Elena and Stefan dancing together. She took a deep breath of annoyance. 

When she finally got to them, she could hear Stefan speaking with Caroline. "She's all yours."

"And I'm all yours," Natalie quickly spoke, throwing her arms around his neck affectionately, a large smile as she noticed a low groan coming from behind her (and she was so sure it was Elena, and it confirmed a few of her suspicions). 

Stefan seemed to ignore his ex-girlfriend and decided to focus on his current one. He smiled down at her softly, not a grin like hers, but just one that always seemed to be on his face when he was around her. "And I'm yours."

They both knew it would be weird to just stand there, so they started swaying with the music. It being the first time they had danced in quite some time. Natalie hummed with the song playing, as she liked it quite a bit. "So... what were you and Elena talking about?"

He looked at her, getting ready to lie and tell her that it was nothing. But she seemed prepared for it, and raised an eyebrow at him, showing her she wasn't playing. "Damon fell off the deep end."

Natalie frowned as she struggled with keeping up with the beat of the music, wondering what he could have done that would have been qualified as off the deep end. "What do you mean exactly by deep end?"

"For starters, he killed Aaron," the elder vampire told her, seeing her eyes grow wide like saucers at the mention of Damon's actions. She didn't think he would get that far in that short period of time.

"Why don't you want to tell her? Are you afraid she'll give up on him?" the brunette girl asked, glancing after where Caroline and Elena was leaving the shredding station. She then met his eyes, and knew what he was about to answer.